Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting scripting guru's pls help me with scripting on AIX Post 96540 by linuxpenguin on Friday 20th of January 2006 06:58:10 PM
Old 01-20-2006
what all have you tried by yourself so far?
did you try to write a script to rename the files ?
the second stage would be to put the renamed files on the new system. For that you can use rcp, rsh, ftp, and there are many more options. first you have to decide which one you want to use. If you dont know either of them, try searching this forum for "ftp script" to start with. you will get a fair idea. After that if you still have questions, let us know.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting....guru's help needed

perl guru's, what i think is, not simply writing a script...i like to write a script which must take less time to run and less memory use..i like to fine tune my program... for ex, my program has a subroutine(1 file open &file close and 1print ) 2if loops(1 file open &file close and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP me PLS... Simple Scripting!

this is my script.... SQL> select * from dba_profiles 2 where resource_name in ('FAILED_LOGIN_ATTEMPTS','PASSWORD_LOCK_TIME') 3 order by profile; and this is the output... PROFILE RESOURCE_NAME RESOURCE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liezer
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP PLS!! Shell Scripting!!

Dear All, forgive me as i am a complete beginner in shell scripting in UNIX. I have a file with data similair to the following 8 McDonalds Sandwich 1.99 9 Mcdonalds Fries 1.20 13 McDonalds Milkshake 1.20 7 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary_xxx
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi..all..pls...help..!!..profile scripting..

hi.. I want to customize a user in unix which could have only ftp access and NO TELNET ACCESS! ..... As being a newbie to unix to my understanding the user .profile has to be edited but if someone can explain how to edit it so that i can block telnet access for that user.....Is /etc/profile has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie250
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pls help me in scripting

i want to write a script that if the time is 8 then it give a message that the time is 8 and if it is 9-10 then it gives a message that time to go to office like that. can any one help me? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmananindia
3 Replies

7. AIX

scripting routing changes on aix 4.3 and 5x

Hi All, I need to script a routing changes on my aix servers. I can't use smitty, very slow. I need to delete the static routing and add a new one. I also need to change default routing. I know using route add and route delete but I think I remember that this is not enough that's why I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting : pls help me

I have an input file in this format (shown below). I have to select the lines which doesnt followed by 'miR-" and to save such lines into an output file. For easy identification they are shown here in blue color. They have to be selected. Pls. help me to write a shell script to select those lines... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hravisankar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in scripting in AIX

Hello, In a loop I am using below command for every database crsctl status res | grep -E "ora\.$DATABASE\.(.+)\.svc" and below is one of the sample output NAME=ora.sgraphut.sgraphutxdb.svc Now I want to extract just service name out of this string (that is sgraphutxdb) please help me how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
1 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)