Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server hung
Operating Systems HP-UX Server hung Post 96523 by biznatch on Friday 20th of January 2006 04:49:51 PM
Old 01-20-2006
Turns out the server has a bad processor. Maybe this information will help someone one day.

*** UPDATE ***

It also had a bad root disk.

Last edited by biznatch; 01-22-2006 at 12:42 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

system hung

I installed sco unix v 5.0.5 in the hp server lc 2000 HD size 27gb & ram 256 , used micro focus cobol for unix , aplication system bank , the problem is the system hung 2 or 3 times a day will you pls. give me the solution. thanks talib alsaadi :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talib alsaadi
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Hung Port

Here's a difficult one for you. I am on HPUX 11.0. I have a hung port, it is stuck in FIN_WAIT_2. Short of rebooting, how can I terminate the connection the system thinks still exists? I found a script online that uses adb but have not been able to get it to work. I am still open to using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TioTony
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

close_wait connections causing a server to hung

Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone of you have been in a situation where you end up having around 100 close_wait connections and seems to me those connections are locking up resources/processes in the server so unless the server is rebooted those processes won't be released by the close_wait... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring for a hung process

A coworker has a shell script that runs from a scheduler at the 3am. The shell script runs sqlplus passing in a sql statement, which generate a file. This is done 21 times for 21 different sql statements. Recently, one of the sqlplus processes got hung. Is there a way to monitor how long the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
2 Replies

5. Programming

Subroutine Hung

Hi friends I am Administrator for a system works with uinx OS but, many times I get messages from server console inform me about Subroutine is Hanging so what can I do to reset this Subroutine? Note: always when I got that I restart the server but I think that is not professional solution. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

ssh session getting hung (smilar to hpux telnet session is getting hung after about 15 minutes)

Our network administrators implemented some sort of check to kill idle sessions and now burden is on us to run some sort of keep alive. Client based keep alive doesn't do a very good job. I have same issue with ssh. Does solution 2 provided above apply for ssh sessions also? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
1 Replies

7. SuSE

Server hung with firmware error

Hi all We've had an issue over the weekend when one of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 hung and had to be rebooted. The thing is that I got the ticket alert for a FS exceeding its usage at about 22:41:49 PM on 23 March. I checked the dmesg, the messages log and the boot.msg but all I found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
1 Replies

8. Linux

Server hung, is this a stack trace?

Hi everyone, Our Red Hat server hung yesterday, and I managed to log into the console and see the following message: RIP: 0010: mwait_idle_with_hints+0x66/ 0x67 RSP: 0018:ffffffff80457f40 EFLAGS: 00000046 RAX: 0000000000000010 RBX: ffff810c20075910 RCX: 0000000000000001 RDX:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if the process is Hung?

I wish to monitor if my Tomcat process if Running, Hung, or Shutdown. I cannot use any third party monitoring tools so i decided to use one of these to test if the tomcat server is responding or not . 1. nslookup 2. telnet 3. ps The reason I do not use wget / curl is because it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

Can HPOV monitor server hung state ?

Hi, We have Solaris-10 running on VMware (x86). It is being monitored by HP Openview. Sometimes when this server hungs, while ping still works, HPOpenview can't alert that server is down (which is actually unresponsive). First symptom we see is, login failure. It will ask user name and after... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies
CDF(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  CDF(3pm)

NAME
PDL::GSL::CDF - PDL interface to GSL Cumulative Distribution Functions DESCRIPTION
This is an interface to the Cumulative Distribution Function package present in the GNU Scientific Library. SYNOPSIS
use PDL; use PDL::GSL::CDF; my $p = gsl_cdf_tdist_P( $t, $df ); my $t = gsl_cdf_tdist_Pinv( $p, $df ); FUNCTIONS
gsl_cdf_ugaussian_P Signature: (double x(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_ugaussian_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_ugaussian_Pinv Signature: (double p(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_ugaussian_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gaussian_P Signature: (double x(); double sigma(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gaussian_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gaussian_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double sigma(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gaussian_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gamma_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gamma_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gamma_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gamma_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_cauchy_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_cauchy_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_cauchy_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_cauchy_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_laplace_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_laplace_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_laplace_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_laplace_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_rayleigh_P Signature: (double x(); double sigma(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_rayleigh_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_rayleigh_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double sigma(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_rayleigh_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_chisq_P Signature: (double x(); double nu(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_chisq_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_chisq_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double nu(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_chisq_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_exponential_P Signature: (double x(); double mu(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_exponential_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_exponential_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double mu(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_exponential_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_exppow_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_exppow_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_tdist_P Signature: (double x(); double nu(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_tdist_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_tdist_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double nu(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_tdist_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_fdist_P Signature: (double x(); double nua(); double nub(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_fdist_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_fdist_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double nua(); double nub(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_fdist_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_beta_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_beta_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_beta_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_beta_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_flat_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_flat_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_flat_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_flat_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_lognormal_P Signature: (double x(); double zeta(); double sigma(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_lognormal_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_lognormal_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double zeta(); double sigma(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_lognormal_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gumbel1_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gumbel1_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gumbel1_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gumbel1_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gumbel2_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gumbel2_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_gumbel2_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_gumbel2_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_weibull_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_weibull_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_weibull_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_weibull_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_pareto_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_pareto_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_pareto_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); double b(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_pareto_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_logistic_P Signature: (double x(); double a(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_logistic_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_logistic_Pinv Signature: (double p(); double a(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_logistic_Pinv does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_binomial_P Signature: (ushort k(); double p(); ushort n(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_binomial_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_poisson_P Signature: (ushort k(); double mu(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_poisson_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_geometric_P Signature: (ushort k(); double p(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_geometric_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_negative_binomial_P Signature: (ushort k(); double p(); double n(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_negative_binomial_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_pascal_P Signature: (ushort k(); double p(); ushort n(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_pascal_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_cdf_hypergeometric_P Signature: (ushort k(); ushort na(); ushort nb(); ushort t(); [o]out()) gsl_cdf_hypergeometric_P does handle bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2009 Maggie J. Xiong <maggiexyz users.sourceforge.net> The GSL CDF module was written by J. Stover. All rights reserved. There is no warranty. You are allowed to redistribute this software / documentation as described in the file COPYING in the PDL distribution. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-04 CDF(3pm)