Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Server hung
Operating Systems HP-UX Server hung Post 96523 by biznatch on Friday 20th of January 2006 04:49:51 PM
Old 01-20-2006
Turns out the server has a bad processor. Maybe this information will help someone one day.

*** UPDATE ***

It also had a bad root disk.

Last edited by biznatch; 01-22-2006 at 12:42 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

system hung

I installed sco unix v 5.0.5 in the hp server lc 2000 HD size 27gb & ram 256 , used micro focus cobol for unix , aplication system bank , the problem is the system hung 2 or 3 times a day will you pls. give me the solution. thanks talib alsaadi :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talib alsaadi
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Hung Port

Here's a difficult one for you. I am on HPUX 11.0. I have a hung port, it is stuck in FIN_WAIT_2. Short of rebooting, how can I terminate the connection the system thinks still exists? I found a script online that uses adb but have not been able to get it to work. I am still open to using... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TioTony
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

close_wait connections causing a server to hung

Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone of you have been in a situation where you end up having around 100 close_wait connections and seems to me those connections are locking up resources/processes in the server so unless the server is rebooted those processes won't be released by the close_wait... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring for a hung process

A coworker has a shell script that runs from a scheduler at the 3am. The shell script runs sqlplus passing in a sql statement, which generate a file. This is done 21 times for 21 different sql statements. Recently, one of the sqlplus processes got hung. Is there a way to monitor how long the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
2 Replies

5. Programming

Subroutine Hung

Hi friends I am Administrator for a system works with uinx OS but, many times I get messages from server console inform me about Subroutine is Hanging so what can I do to reset this Subroutine? Note: always when I got that I restart the server but I think that is not professional solution. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bintaleb
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

ssh session getting hung (smilar to hpux telnet session is getting hung after about 15 minutes)

Our network administrators implemented some sort of check to kill idle sessions and now burden is on us to run some sort of keep alive. Client based keep alive doesn't do a very good job. I have same issue with ssh. Does solution 2 provided above apply for ssh sessions also? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoda9691
1 Replies

7. SuSE

Server hung with firmware error

Hi all We've had an issue over the weekend when one of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 hung and had to be rebooted. The thing is that I got the ticket alert for a FS exceeding its usage at about 22:41:49 PM on 23 March. I checked the dmesg, the messages log and the boot.msg but all I found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
1 Replies

8. Linux

Server hung, is this a stack trace?

Hi everyone, Our Red Hat server hung yesterday, and I managed to log into the console and see the following message: RIP: 0010: mwait_idle_with_hints+0x66/ 0x67 RSP: 0018:ffffffff80457f40 EFLAGS: 00000046 RAX: 0000000000000010 RBX: ffff810c20075910 RCX: 0000000000000001 RDX:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if the process is Hung?

I wish to monitor if my Tomcat process if Running, Hung, or Shutdown. I cannot use any third party monitoring tools so i decided to use one of these to test if the tomcat server is responding or not . 1. nslookup 2. telnet 3. ps The reason I do not use wget / curl is because it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

10. Infrastructure Monitoring

Can HPOV monitor server hung state ?

Hi, We have Solaris-10 running on VMware (x86). It is being monitored by HP Openview. Sometimes when this server hungs, while ping still works, HPOpenview can't alert that server is down (which is actually unresponsive). First symptom we see is, login failure. It will ask user name and after... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
7 Replies
hdio(7I)							  Ioctl Requests							  hdio(7I)

NAME
hdio - SMD and IPI disk control operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/hdio.h> DESCRIPTION
Note - The SMC and IPI drivers have been discontinued. dkio(7I) is now the preferred method for retrieving disk information. The SMD and IPI disk drivers supplied with this release support a set of ioctl(2) requests for diagnostics and bad sector information. Basic to these ioctl() requests are the definitions in <sys/hdio.h>. IOCTLS
HDKIOCGTYPE The argument is a pointer to a hdk_type structure (described below). This ioctl() gets specific information from the hard disk. HDKIOCSTYPE The argument is a pointer to a hdk_type structure (described below). This ioctl() sets specific information about the hard disk. /* * Used for drive info */ struct hdk_type { ushort_t hdkt_hsect; /* hard sector count (read only) */ ushort_t hdkt_promrev; /* prom revision (read only) */ uchar_t hdkt_drtype; /* drive type (ctlr specific) */ uchar_t hdkt_drstat; /* drive status (ctlr specific, ro) */ }; HDKIOCGBAD The argument is a pointer to a hdk_badmap structure (described below). This ioctl() is used to get the bad sector map from the disk. HDKIOCSBAD The argument is a pointer to a hdk_badmap structure (described below). This ioctl() is used to set the bad sector map on the disk. /* * Used for bad sector map */ struct hdk_badmap { caddr_t hdkb_bufaddr; /* address of user's map buffer */ }; HDKIOCGDIAG The argument is a pointer to a hdk_diag structure (described below). This ioctl() gets the most recent command that failed along with the sector and error number from the hard disk. /* * Used for disk diagnostics */ struct hdk_diag { ushort_t hdkd_errcmd; /* most recent command in error */ daddr_t hdkd_errsect; /* most recent sector in error */ uchar_t hdkd_errno; /* most recent error number */ uchar_t hdkd_severe; /* severity of most recent error */ }; SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), dkio(7I) SunOS 5.10 13 Aug 2002 hdio(7I)