Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: To find CPU Usage
Top Forums Programming To find CPU Usage Post 96469 by asutoshch on Friday 20th of January 2006 08:29:19 AM
Old 01-20-2006
Thanks a lot.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting CPU Usage

For analysis, I need to gather CPU usage from say 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM every 10 seconds on a given day. I heard this can be done with awk, but my UNIX is kind of rusty. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: WG1
4 Replies

3. Programming

CPU usage and memory usage

Please tell me solaris functions/api for getting following information 1- Function that tells how much memory used by current process 2- Function that tells how much memory used by all running processes 3- Function that tells how much CPU is used by current process 4- Function that tells how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansoorulhaq
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Find any spike in CPU usage a hour ago

Folks, I need to find out from the system logs ( or elsewhere ) if the CPU utilization reached say 90% an hour ago from now. Is there a way out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavera
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

8. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find out memory & cpu usage of a process

Hi, By using time command we can determine the execution time of a process or command. bash-2.04$ time ls -l total 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 admin tac 0 Oct 6 04:46 file1 -rw-r--r-- 1 admin tac 0 Oct 6 04:46 file2 real 0m0.002s user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.001s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learn more
5 Replies

10. BSD

How to find the usage of Individual cpu core in FreeBsd server?

Hi, If anyone know Please answer me the following question : How to find the usage of individual core cpu usage in FreeBsd server? What command is used for that? Thanks, Maruthu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maruthu
2 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)