Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix Post 96121 by charan81 on Wednesday 18th of January 2006 12:38:54 AM
Old 01-18-2006
When i use

/export/home/test/mona>sed 's/ /,/g' tab_del.dat

I m getting like this..
1,, 2 3 4 5,
6,, 7 8 9 10,

Where i need like this

Plz help me out on this..

Thanks!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting Space delimited file to Tab delimited file

Hi all, I have a file with single white space delimited values, I want to convert them to a tab delimited file. I tried sed, tr ... but nothing is working. Thanks, Rajeevan D (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeevs81
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieving values from tab-delimited file in unix script

Hi I am trying to retrieve values from a tab-delimited file.I am using while read record value=`echo $record | cut -f12` done Where 12 is the column no i want retieve and record is one line of the file. But it is returning the full record. Plz help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting comma separated to pipe delimited file

Hi, I came across a very good script to convert a comma seperated to pipe delimited file in this forum. the script serves most of the requirement but looks like it does not handle embedded double quotes and commas i.e if the input is like 1234, "value","first,second", "LDC5"monitor",... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: anijan
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with converting Pipe delimited file to Tab Delimited

I have a file which was pipe delimited, I need to make it tab delimited. I tried with sed but no use cat file | sed 's/|//t/g' The above command substituted "/t" not tab in the place of pipe. Sample file: abc|123|2012-01-30|2012-04-28|xyz have to convert to: abc 123... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert comma delimited file to tab separator

Hi all, How can i convert comma delimited .csv file to tab separate using sed command or script. Thanks, Krupa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make tab delimited file to space delimited?

Hi How to make tab delimited file to space delimited? in put file: ABC kgy jkh ghj ash kjl o/p file: ABC kgy jkh ghj ash kjl Use code tags, thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagdishrout
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with tab delimited file in unix

Hi, I need urgent help with a tab delimited file I am working on. This is the file : TTTT|YYYYYYY|jargon-journal|MP0000000UID||"j1, j2, j3" I need th following output: TTTT|YYYYYYY|jargon-journal|MP0000000UID||ji TTTT|YYYYYYY|jargon-journal|MP0000000UID||j2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayarnab
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to convert a pipe delimited text file to tab delimited

Hi, I have a rquirement in unix as below . I have a text file with me seperated by | symbol and i need to generate a excel file through unix commands/script so that each value will go to each column. ex: Input Text file: 1|A|apple 2|B|bottle excel file to be generated as output as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raja kakitapall
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help/Advise please for converting space delimited string variable to comma delimited with quote

Hi, I am wanting to create a script that will construct a SQL statement based on a a space delimited string that it read from a config file. Example of the SQL will be For example, it will read a string like "AAA BBB CCC" and assign to a variable named IN_STRING. I then concatenate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace a column in tab delimited file with column in other tab delimited file,based on match

Hello Everyone.. I want to replace the retail col from FileI with cstp1 col from FileP if the strpno matches in both files FileP.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: YogeshG
2 Replies
PING_PONG(1)															      PING_PONG(1)

NAME
ping_pong - measures the ping-pong byte range lock latency SYNOPSIS
ping_pong [options] <file> <num_locks> ping_pong [-r] [-w] [-m] DESCRIPTION
This measures the ping-pong byte range lock latency. It is especially useful on a cluster of nodes sharing a common lock manager as it will give some indication of the lock managers performance under stress. OPTIONS
-r do reads -w do writes -m use mmap EXAMPLES
Testing lock coherence ping_pong test.dat N Testing IO coherence ping_pong -rw test.dat N SEE ALSO
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Ping_pong, ctdb(1), ctdbd(1) COPYRIGHT
/LICENSE Copyright (C) Andrew Tridgell 2002 This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. 03/26/2011 PING_PONG(1)