Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory how can I extend /usr filesystem Post 96112 by pedro_lezaeta on Tuesday 17th of January 2006 09:26:33 PM
Old 01-17-2006
how can I extend /usr filesystem

How can extend /usr filesystem in hp-ux 11.11 (I'm not using online JFS) ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extend /usr on AIX

Hi! How to extend /usr partition in rootvg on AIX 4.3.3-09? I guess first I'll have to decrease the size of other partition(s) in rootvg? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve99
2 Replies

2. AIX

Extend a Filesystem with other LV

Hi Everybody, Is it possible to extend a Filesystem by adding a new LV that exist on different VG to this Filesystem? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
6 Replies

3. Solaris

How to extend a filesystem

I am running solaris 10 with Veritas. I want to extend a filesystem. It's an oracle partition (/ora12). How can I find out if there is space available to expand the filesystem and then how does one extend it. I'm from the HPUX world and so LVM was always how I did things. Thanks jackie (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackiebaron
5 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to extend a filesystem??

OK I'm sure this question has been posed far too many times. I have solaris 10 x86 with NO Veritas or Disksuite filesystems. Below is the output of df -k # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on / 10485760 547513 9317128 6% / /dev... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackiebaron
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

6. Solaris

I need expand or extend a filesystem dfsk.

Hello I need to expand a filesystem is full, but I understand that for this I need a volume manager like SVM or Veritas. I have installed solaris 10 but I give it a metastat and tells me there is no database, as if the installation does not have the sudmirrors attachments. The filesystem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cata
1 Replies

7. AIX

Increasing ./usr or any filesystem

Hi guys, I want to increase my ./usr or just one path in my aix6.1 machine. currently if I # lsvg rootvg VOLUME GROUP: rootvg VG IDENTIFIER: 00f6126500004c00000 0012aef0c9035 VG STATE: active PP SIZE: 128... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pilotHans
2 Replies

8. AIX

choosing correct VG for Filesystem extend

Hi Gurus, I have Aix 5.3 server and would like to extend the following filesystem. Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/lv_mecdr 120.00 12.04 90% 560973 14% /home/mecdrBut there's only 16G for the VG, may be i can expand it... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
11 Replies

9. AIX

/usr/sbin/extendvg: Unable to extend volume group

Dear Expret, Help me about my issue, I trying add new disk to volume Group but error: step add new disk to volume group. 1. ~Change a Volume Group Add a Physical Volume to a Volume Group Remove a Physical Volume from a Volume Group Reorganize a Volume Group... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Extend zfs storage filesystem

Hello, Need to ask the question regarding extending the zfs storage file system. currently after using the command, df -kh u01-data-pool/data 600G 552 48G 93% /data /data are only 48 gb remaining and it has occupied 93% for total storage. zpool u01-data-pool has more then 200 gb... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahzad53
14 Replies
jfs_tune(8)						  Set JFS file system parameters.					       jfs_tune(8)

NAME
jfs_tune - adjust tunable file system parameters on JFS SYNOPSIS
jfs_tune [options] device DESCRIPTION
jfs_tune adjusts tunable parameters on a Linux JFS file system or external journal. jfs_tune must be run as root. device is the special file name corresponding to the actual device (e.g. /dev/hdb1) on which a JFS file system or JFS external journal has been created. OPTIONS
-J device=external-journal Only supported on JFS versions (1.0.18 or later) that support external journal. Attach the JFS external journal located on exter- nal-journal to the JFS file system on device. Currently, you may only attach a single JFS file system device to a single JFS external journal (i.e. each JFS file system using an external journal must have a unique external journal). The external journal must already have been created using the command mkfs.jfs -J journal_dev external-journal Attach the external journal to the file system by using the command jfs_tune -J device=external-journal device Instead of specifying a device name directly, external-journal can also be specified by either LABEL=label or UUID=UUID (Use jfs_tune -l device to display a journal device's volume label and UUID.) -l List the contents of the JFS file system or external journal superblock that resides on device. -L volume-label Set the volume label of the JFS file system or external journal. JFS labels can be at most 16 characters long; if volume-label is longer than 16 characters, jfs_tune will truncate it and print a warning. The volume label can be used by mount(8), fsck(8), and /etc/fstab(5) (and possibly others) by specifying LABEL=volume_label instead of a block special device name like /dev/hda5. -U UUID Set the universally unique identifier (UUID) of the file system or external journal device to UUID. The format of the UUID is a series of hex digits separated by hyphens, like this: "c1b9d5a2-f162-11cf-9ece-0020afc76f16". The UUID parameter may also be one of the following: clear clear the file system UUID random generate a new randomly-generated UUID time generate a new time-based UUID The UUID may be used by mount(8), fsck(8), and /etc/fstab(5) (and possibly others) by specifying UUID=uuid instead of a block spe- cial device name like /dev/hda1. See uuidgen(8) for more information. -V Print version information and exit (regardless of any other chosen options). EXAMPLES
Set a randomly-generated UUID for the JFS file system on the 3rd partition of the 2nd hard disk, and view the resultant superblock: jfs_tune -l -U random /dev/hdb3 Attach an already existing external journal on a device labeled JFSLog to a JFS file system on /dev/hda8: jfs_tune -J device=LABEL=JFSLog /dev/hda8 REPORTING BUGS
If you find a bug in JFS or jfs_tune, please report it via the bug tracking system ("Report Bugs" section) of the JFS project web site: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ Please send as much pertinent information as possible including any error messages resulting from running jfs_tune. SEE ALSO
jfs_fsck(8), jfs_mkfs(8), jfs_fscklog(8), jfs_logdump(8), jfs_debugfs(8) AUTHOR
Barry Arndt (barndt@us.ibm.com) jfs_tune is maintained by IBM. See the JFS project web site for more details: http://jfs.sourceforge.net/ October 28, 2002 jfs_tune(8)