Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What files are writing to a directory Post 96072 by izy100 on Tuesday 17th of January 2006 11:00:32 AM
Old 01-17-2006
If it is not process that you want to find out but rather the files that are currently written to, I only know that the dtrace in Solaris 10 is capable of this.

Very cool tool.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing script to clean up a directory

I have to do a directory clean up on several machines. The task is as follows: go to a particular directory (cd /xxx) 1. create a directory ' SCRIPTCLEANUP ' ( i KNOW IT) loop through 2. List the directory 3. if directory and start with 'DQA' leave it, 4. if directory or file move it to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaya
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new to writing script files

thanks guys i managed to answer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bebop1111116
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for a writing the directory structure to a file

Hi All, I am new user of shell scripting has come up with a problem. that I have a directory structure like : Home | |--------A | |----trunk | |-------A_0_1/ | | | |-------A_0_2/ | |--------B | ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing files without temporary files

Hey Guys, I was wondering if someone would give me a hand with an issue I'm having, let me explain the situation: I have a file that is constantly being written to and read from with updated lines: # cat activity.file activity1 activity2 activity3 activity4 activity5 This file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashshadow1979
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a text to many files

Is there a command in shell-script that I can use that copies a string or writes it to many files? Say I have files a, b and c and I want to copy or write the text "Hallo, I am a newbie!" to all these files? I know I can do echo "Hallo, I am a newbie!" > a but this only copies it to one file. How... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: #moveon
2 Replies

6. Programming

Writing files using O_DIRECT in C

I am trying to write .pgm images using the O_DIRECT flag in open(). I have a char* buffer which has the image data. I know that I have to align the buffers and have done that using posix_memalign() yet only a part of the image gets written. Has someone used O_DIRECT for writing files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anchit87
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing Script to Copy Newest Directory

I am trying to write a script that once executed it will search within a directory and copy only the newest directory that has not been copied before to a new location. Kind of like what ROBOCOPY /M does in windows? The directories are not left in the new location so using a sync action won't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keriderf
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Writing a loop to changing the names of files in a directory

Hi, I would like to write a loop to change the names of files in a directory. The files are called data1.txt through data1000.txt. I'd like to change their names to a1.txt through a1000.txt. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Stop root from writing to directory

Is there a way to stop root from writing to a directory? I already tried chattr but that did not seem to work. chattr +i directory (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
12 Replies
TIFFWriteDirectory(3tiff)				 Introduction to Library Functions				 TIFFWriteDirectory(3tiff)

NAME
TIFFWriteDirectory - write the current directory in an open TIFF file SYNOPSIS
#include <tiffio.h> int TIFFWriteDirectory(TIFF* tif) DESCRIPTION
Write the contents of the current directory to the file and set up to create a new subfile in the same file. Applications only need to call TIFFWriteDirectory when writing multiple subfiles to a single TIFF file. TIFFWriteDirectory is automatically called by TIFFClose and TIFF- Flush to write a modified directory if the file is open for writing. EXTENDED DESCRIPTION
Diagnostics All error messages are directed to the TIFFError(3tiff) routine. Error post-encoding befoBeforeecwritingitthe contents of the current directory, any pending data is flushed. This message indicates that an error occurred while doing this. Error flushing data befoBeforeewritingrthe.contents of the current directory, any pending data is flushed. This message indicates that an error occurred while doing this. Cannot write directory, Therefwasanot enough space to allocate a temporary area for the directory that was to be written. Error writing directory Aowrite error occurred when writing the count of fields in the directory. Error writing directory Aowriteserror occurred when writing the directory fields. Error writing directory Aiwrite error occurred when writing the link to the next directory. Error writing data for fAewriteserror occurred when writing indirect data for the specified field. Error writing TIFF headeA.write error occurred when rewriting header at the front of the file. Error fetching directoryAcread.error occurred when fetching the directory count field for a previous directory. This can occur when setting up a link to the directory that is being written. Error fetching directoryAlread error occurred when fetching the directory link field for a previous directory. This can occur when setting up a link to the directory that is being written. RETURN VALUES
1 is returned when the contents are successfully written to the file. Otherwise, 0 is returned if an error was encountered when writing the directory contents. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWTiff | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libtiff(3), TIFFError(3tiff), TIFFOpen(3tiff), TIFFReadDirectory(3tiff), TIFFSetDirectory(3tiff) NOTES
This man page was originally written by Sam Leffler. Updated by Breda McColgan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 05 Apr 2004 TIFFWriteDirectory(3tiff)