Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cksum question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cksum question Post 96070 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 17th of January 2006 10:41:18 AM
Old 01-17-2006
You want the dos2ux command (sometime called dos2unix)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Anyone know how cksum works?

hello all. I'm not asking about the algorithm - or how it goes about computing the checksum - I'm asking how it views/looks at the files it does the cksum on. For instance: Say you had a directory named "dir_A" And within this directory you had some files. So: dir_A - file1 -... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapolani
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

The cksum Problem

Hi, I have a working script, well it works on my machine but when I try it on others the cksum section does not work properly (I know the scripting is not of a high quality but I'm just trying to get it working) Heres the script: #!/bin/sh case $# in 0) echo "usage: enshar filename... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dim-Wit
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using cksum

hi, I am trying to use the cksum feature in unix. when i make a call to it i get returned something along the lines of: 4603435 14 file3 how do i get the first part of this response only; i.e: 4603435 I'm trying to use at a way without the use of sed and creating temp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leeRoberts2007
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cksum dependencies

Hi, On what factors does the cksum depend. If i build 2 machines exactly the same, then can i get the checksum of 2 compiled files same. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting cksum output.

Hi guys, I have a service directory with a lot of files in. I have to cksum the whole directory and compare it to a release note document. However the problem I have is the files are listed in different lines when running cksum as they are in the release doc. Therefore cksum shows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stin
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

EEPROM CKSUM - Is there such thing?

Hi all, So I have a binary file and I need to generate an expected EEPROM checksum for it. Ideally, I would like to input the file (with the path) and output a computed checksum. Ive been using (cksum file1) with no avail and I was just curious as to whether there is such thing as EEPROM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TeamUSA
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

EEPROM CKSUM? what is this?

Hi all, So I have a binary file and I need to generate an expected EEPROM checksum for it. Ideally, I would like to input the file (with the path) and output a computed checksum. Ive been using (cksum file1) with no avail and I was just curious as to whether there is such thing as EEPROM cksum,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TeamUSA
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cksum does not give me crc32

Is cksum the right command to calculate the crc32 checksum value? I tried it for a number of files now and every time the results dont match. So there is nothing wrong with the file. Also, cksum gives me an all numerical value while crc32 is alpha numeric. What am I doing wrong? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: utamav
9 Replies

9. Solaris

ZFS - CKSUM errors only

Hi I have 2 ZFS filesystems (Sun M3000 server connected to Clariion external storage vie 2 X HBA's) - ZFS filesytems (1 X mirror - 100GB X2) and the 2nd ZFS is 2 concatenated disks - 100GB + 50GB. Both ZPOOLS are reporting CKSUM errors only - no READ or WRITE errors. I have cleared the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samruthroy
5 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)