Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to cd into newest (dated) FTP directory Post 95999 by sudhanshu_sinha on Tuesday 17th of January 2006 01:04:42 AM
Old 01-17-2006
According to me the best method to date calculations is taking epcoh time but for that you need a c program i dont know if there is any unix function is there

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find full directory and delete old dated file?

I want to write a code that will look for a particular directory which is full or more than 95% used, and will search older file and delete it. My code looks like this: df -k|while read f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 do if expr '$f5' -ge '95%' || continue then echo $f5 else echo "there is no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to MOVE via FTP a directory

Good afternoon! I need to move a bunch of files from an FTP site to my server. However mget *, dele * will not suffice as I cannot guarantee that new files are not uploaded between commands. Roughly, this is what I would like to do: (using a .netrc) ftp somehost bin prompt cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abirdd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the 5 newest files in a directory

I have a folder that has new files created everyday, is there a way i can filter them so that only the 5 newest files are displayed? I'm hoping this can be done by a one liner without a script. for example my directory contains -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Jun 24 08:34 file112 -rw-r--r-- 1 root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zerofire123
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create alias to daily dated directory

Hello, I wanted to see if there's a way to shortcut to a dated logs directory that changes daily...what I'm working with is something like this: > > > . . where the log directory is named yyyymmdd I've created a shortcut to get me to the /log directory but was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojowtm6
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the newest file in a directory.

I am new to shell scripting so i need some help need how to go about with this problem. I have a directory which contains files in the following format. The files are in a diretory called /incoming/external/data AA_20100806.dat AA_20100807.dat AA_20100808.dat ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy25
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail file size of newest file in directory

I have been a long time lurker, and have learned a lot from these forums, thank you to everyone. I am using Zoneminder to record a security camera feed. No motion detection, just 24 hour recording. I then have a script that checks Mysql for events dated the day before, and throws them at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamVERYhungry
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check for the newest file mutiple times a day and SCP it to another server.

Hi, I need a sample of a script that will check a specific directory multiple times throughout the day, and scp the newest file to another server. Example: current file is misc_file.txt_02272011 (the last part is the date), once that has been secure copied, another one may come in later the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: richasmi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing Script to Copy Newest Directory

I am trying to write a script that once executed it will search within a directory and copy only the newest directory that has not been copied before to a new location. Kind of like what ROBOCOPY /M does in windows? The directories are not left in the new location so using a sync action won't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keriderf
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp script to output a directory name

Is there any way to include a directory name before the filename in the ftp session? Here is the script. DIRECTORY=`cat directory.txt|sed '/^$/d'` ( exec 4>&1 ftp -n>&4 2>&4|& print -p open $host print -p user $user $password print -p binary for D1 in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjanp
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select the latest dated file-ksh script

Hello all!! I am new here and new in scripting! I want to write a ksh script to select the most recent file from a dir and use it in a variable. I have a directory with files named like: YYYMMDD A basic idea of the script I want to write is #!/usr/bin/ksh latest= latest_dated_file at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris_euop
2 Replies
CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					    CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY - ask for names only in a directory listing SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY, long listonly); DESCRIPTION
For FTP and SFTP based URLs a parameter set to 1 tells the library to list the names of files in a directory, rather than performing a full directory listing that would normally include file sizes, dates etc. For POP3 a parameter of 1 tells the library to list the email message or messages on the POP3 server. This can be used to change the default behaviour of libcurl, when combined with a URL that contains a message ID, to perform a "scan listing" which can then be used to determine the size of an email. Note: For FTP this causes a NLST command to be sent to the FTP server. Beware that some FTP servers list only files in their response to NLST; they might not include subdirectories and symbolic links. Setting this option to 1 also implies a directory listing even if the URL doesn't end with a slash, which otherwise is necessary. Do NOT use this option if you also use CURLOPT_WILDCARDMATCH(3) as it will effectively break that feature then. DEFAULT
0, disabled PROTOCOLS
FTP, SFTP and POP3 EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
This option was known as CURLOPT_FTPLISTONLY up to 7.16.4. POP3 is supported since 7.21.5. RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, and CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST(3), libcurl 7.54.0 February 03, 2016 CURLOPT_DIRLISTONLY(3)