Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Screen saver
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Screen saver Post 9593 by marist89 on Tuesday 30th of October 2001 02:52:19 PM
Old 10-30-2001
1. right click on your desktop
2. Applications, Application Manager, Desktop Controls, Screen Style Manager

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

how to remove the screen saver on solaris box

Hi, :) I have a Sun 3500 box with solaris 8 in it. I dont know who had installed the screen saver. every 5 minutes the screen saver comes up. Its annoying when we are working on the console. Can any one tell what i can do to remove the screen saver. Thanks in advance. Ishila. :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishila
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

My screen saver for a plain session

Good day. :) I don't know exactly where or how to post this kind of stuff, but I though I'd like to have a look at my "Screen Saver" in progress. Comments welcome. This uses bash. Just copy and pase into any file. Make o+x and run. Feel free to edit and change all u like. Thanks. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blooper
0 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

screen saver in UNIX~~~~~~HELP NEEDED

One of my Sun Box running SUNOS 4.1.3_U1, the screen saver in turn on. if there anyway to disable the screen saver? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
0 Replies

4. Solaris

screen saver command line on solaris10-intel

Hi All, I'm on Solaris10-intel and I'm on the classic GUI, CDE. Can't find the control for screen saver. Is there's a command line equivalent? Thanks in advance, itik (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Screen Saver Resolution

I am using sun solaris machine i have given the specs of that machine given below Name of athe Platform : SUNW,Ultra-5_10 Machiene hardware :sun4u Processor Type :sparc Operating system : solaris 10 Monitory TYpe : SAMSUNG Sync Master... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambavaram
2 Replies

6. Solaris

screen saver

I am using solaris 10 x86, i am trying to create my own sreensavers using the pictures in my folder. pls can someone tell on how to go about this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen Saver for LINUX - ROOT

Good Morning. I have a question about screen savers in LINUX especially CENTOS. I don't seem to have a problem setting the screen saver with a password required for the root account(version 5.3). I'm told earlier versions you could not set it for. I was wondering if newer versions of LINUX had... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ejjones
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Screen saver mode at work

Hi, At work, the PC Windows 7 goes to screen saver mode after 10 minutes. I don't have access to change that. It's grayed out for me. After 10 minutes, the IM will say " AWAY" and my email status will say " AWAY ". Email and IM both are from Microsoft. My question is there any work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies
gnome-desktop-item-edit(1)					   User Commands					gnome-desktop-item-edit(1)

NAME
gnome-desktop-item-edit - GNOME Desktop file editor SYNOPSIS
gnome-desktop-item-edit [--create-new] filename DESCRIPTION
gnome-desktop-item-edit is the GNOME Desktop file editor, which you can use to create or edit the .desktop (known as desktop) file. GNOME uses a standard desktop file specification as proposed by freedesktop.org. A desktop file consists of a number of name-value pairs that define how a desktop should organize a particular application. As this is defined as an open standard, integration of applications into GNOME Desktop is relatively straightforward. A basic entry in the desktop file must start with a tag called [Desktop Entry]. It can then have a number of name-value pairs as defined by the standard. The minimum entries are as follows: Name the name of the application Comment a textual description of the application which is displayed as a tooltip message by gnome-panel. When set appropri- ately, the comment can be localized within the same file. Exec the name of the actual executable Icon the file name of the icon image Type the desktop file type Categories a multi-string field which is used by gnome-panel to group applications into the appropriate categories. These desktop files provide the information to gnome-panel, which places the application in the appropriate locations on the panel. In a similar manner, the GNOME file manager (Nautilus) uses information from the desktop files to display the 'applications:///' view. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --create-new Creates a new .desktop file. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: filename The name of the desktop file to be edited or viewed. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Editing an existing .desktop file example% gnome-desktop-item-edit fullpath/filename This command invokes the launcher dialog and loads the contents of the specified desktop file into the relevant fields. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-desktop-item-edit Executable for GNOME Desktop file editor /usr/share/applications/ Location of system desktop files ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-panel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnome-panel(1), nautilus(1), attributes(5) Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Ghee Teo, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.11 2 Oct 2003 gnome-desktop-item-edit(1)