Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO Unixware 7 download
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SCO Unixware 7 download Post 95893 by phalcos on Monday 16th of January 2006 04:08:03 AM
Old 01-16-2006
Java SCO Unixware 7 download

According to this thread: https://www.unix.com/where-do-i-download-linux-and-unix-/1-where-can-i-get-copy-unix-linux.html one guy says
Quote:
Copies of unix can be purchased for around $60 at the following url's (The $60 covers the cost of the media)
They can also be down loaded for free.

http://www.sco.com/offers/
SCO Openserver 5.06 or Unixware 7

or

http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/binaries/index.html
SUN / Solaris 8

At both locations you can download or purchase Unix.
Both version will aslo run on Intel.
However, I cannot find any sco unixware7 iso download link in their download section (http://wdb1.sco.com/clbk_web/owa/dwn_customer), is it really for free, and if that is true, where can I download it?

Thanks,

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO Unixware 2.1

I am using SCO Unixware 2.1 & some PC clients are connected, suddenly one message appearslike : UX:strintercept error: dropping message this message starts coming repeatedly & agtre some time system hangs.I had to reset the system & now the problem is not there.Please suggest, why this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paprch
0 Replies

2. SCO

Software router on SCO Unixware 2.X

Hi, I am trying to setup an old SCO Unix 2.x box to act as a router. I have got 2 network cards in the box. As far as I know, I need to setup "ip forwarding" and "routes". Can anyone tell me how to setup "ip forwarding" on SCO Unixware 2.X? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenir
0 Replies

3. SCO

Samba 3.0.24 in SCO UnixWare 7.1.4

Please help me in troubleshooting my problem in Samba? I tried to instal Samba 3.0.24 in our SCO UnixWare 7.1.4 but after installing the nmbd daemon is not running. When i check the syslog from /var/adm, the following error appears: Sep 30 13:04:22 unixeei nmbd: bind failed on port 137... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_hing
0 Replies

4. SCO

sco unixware + oracle 8.0.5

hi, anybody can give procedure for how to install oracle 8.0.5 in sco unixware 7.1.4. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakrithi
0 Replies

5. SCO

Noob needs help with Sco Unixware 7.1

We are retiring a Unixware 7.1 server that has custom applications on it. It has Raid 5 and we would like to use the machine for other things. Is there a way we can image/clone to virtual machine file and run that VM within say Virtual PC 2007 or VMware? I am not aware of anything to do this. I... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccd1977
20 Replies

6. SCO

SCO Unixware 7.1.1 Install - Need help

(sorry my English, is really poor). I have a SCO Unixware 7.1.1 and I need install in ML350 G3. Reading in google and HP web, make a floppy disks for install, but the options that I have is for network or floppy disk. How install from CD with patch for HP smart array 532 ?? or How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xplertor
5 Replies

7. SCO

My UnixWare SCO Server

Hi, I'm new to this Unix world and have taken over looking after the I.T side of things at work, which includes the internal ERP system which runs on a UNIX SCO platform. My initial worry is what state this is in as its been on site over 20 years. What would be the first things to check on... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick_Dundee
13 Replies

8. SCO

Need Help with installtion of SCO UNIXware 7.0.1

Hi, I need help to install SCO Unixware 7.0.1. Can any one help with any documentation or installation notes for SCO Unixware 7.0.1. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farhandalvi
1 Replies
LWP-DOWNLOAD(1) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
lwp-download - Fetch large files from the web SYNOPSIS
lwp-download [-a] [-s] <url> [<local path>] DESCRIPTION
The lwp-download program will save the file at url to a local file. If local path is not specified, then the current directory is assumed. If local path is a directory, then the last segment of the path of the url is appended to form a local filename. If the url path ends with slash the name "index" is used. With the -s option pick up the last segment of the filename from server provided sources like the Content- Disposition header or any redirect URLs. A file extension to match the server reported Content-Type might also be appended. If a file with the produced filename already exists, then lwp-download will prompt before it overwrites and will fail if its standard input is not a terminal. This form of invocation will also fail is no acceptable filename can be derived from the sources mentioned above. If local path is not a directory, then it is simply used as the path to save into. If the file already exists it's overwritten. The lwp-download program is implemented using the libwww-perl library. It is better suited to down load big files than the lwp-request program because it does not store the file in memory. Another benefit is that it will keep you updated about its progress and that you don't have much options to worry about. Use the "-a" option to save the file in text (ascii) mode. Might make a difference on dosish systems. EXAMPLE
Fetch the newest and greatest perl version: $ lwp-download http://www.perl.com/CPAN/src/latest.tar.gz Saving to 'latest.tar.gz'... 11.4 MB received in 8 seconds (1.43 MB/sec) AUTHOR
Gisle Aas <gisle@aas.no> perl v5.16.2 2012-01-13 LWP-DOWNLOAD(1)