Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Reboot problem !!! urgent plse !!!!!!!!!!! Post 95783 by 98_1LE on Sunday 15th of January 2006 12:33:20 AM
Old 01-15-2006
Run this from single user:

fsck -Fufs -y /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help urgent problem

i accedently "deleted" all workspaces I have a black screen and dont know what to do solaris common desktop enviroment (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssshakir
1 Replies

2. Solaris

define nvalias's cdrom URGENTLY plse!!!

I need help please ....... I have to urgently setup nvalias 's cdrom ....... following are the output command ...................... {7} ok banner Sun Fire 3800 OpenFirmware version 5.15.2 (08/04/03 10:27) Copyright 2001-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tt155
1 Replies

3. Solaris

hme0 problem after reboot

Hi ..... My problem is that when i reboot the system i can't connect to the network because my ethernet ( hme0 ) is down , i must up it by ifconfig command after reboot : # ifconfig -a lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tt155
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script issues - Plse help guru's

Hi, I have written the following UNIX for HP-UX 11i. The script basically checks for files older then 45mins in 2 repective directories and then sends and email to the administrator about them. Problem with the script is that I can run it from the command line and crontabtab but 80% of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shutdown and Reboot problem

Hi, i have sco openserver 5.0.6 but have a problem with shutdown or reboot commands. The string I use is "shutdown -g0 -y" but the system just hangs on "The sytem is down" . I used to get a "Safe to turn of" but now nothing. Same with "reboot" the sytem just freezes. Any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VTechman
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem connecting to oracle 10g after NCR node reboot

Hi All, I am facing a connection problem with Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 when my application (started by /etc/rc3.d at node reboot) tries to establish a session after reboot of the node where my application is running (NCR UNIX (MP RAS)). I find that my application (run as a deamon process)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowjanya
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Make_Recovery Question Urgent Plse Respond

I have a make_recovery tape, if I restore the VG00 volume group using this, will my other volume groups still be ok after the restore(I have 7 data volume groups) I used make_recovery -A to create the tape I have a HP9000 HP-UX 11 An internal disk is failing, the other volume groups are on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rees_a
3 Replies

8. Linux

Reboot investigation problem

I have a linux server,in this i receive alarm as server has rebooted. When i check uptime of the server it says that the server has rebooted but when i check output of who -b it says that the server rebooted very long back Can some one help what is the issue here. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiwsaj
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

[ URGENT] - HDD visible to OS without reboot

Hi, I have added 30 GB Vmware Scsci disk in RHEL # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga) I want to make this 30 GB visible to OS without reboot. Pls help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

10. Solaris

solaris link aggregation problem , once i reboot it is not showing, not able to ping the default gat

Hi All, I am trying to aggregate the NIC's,(igb2 and igb3) (igb0 is used by the physical system and igb1 is used by primary-vsw0) to create the domains on that for faster data transfer, I followed the process for creating the aggregation, dladm create-aggr -d igb2 -d igb3 1 after creating the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buildscm
2 Replies
sckmd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 sckmd(1M)

NAME
sckmd - Sun Fire High-End system key management daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-15000/lib/sckmd DESCRIPTION
sckmd is a server process that resides on a Sun Fire high-end system domain. sckmd maintains the Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) Secu- rity Associations (SAs) needed to secure the communication between the Sun Fire 15K System Controller (SC) and the cvcd(1M) and dcs(1M) daemons running on a Sun Fire 15K domain. See ipsec(7P) for a description of Security Associations. sckmd receives SAs from the SC and provides these SAs to the Security Association Databases (SADBs) using pf_key(7P). sckmd normally starts up at system boot time. Each domain supports only one running sckmd process at a time. FILES
/etc/inet/ipsecinit.conf Configuration file for default system-wide IPsec policies ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------------+ |Architecture |Sun Fire High-End systems | +-----------------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsckmx.u, SUNWsckmu.u, SUNWsckmr | +-----------------------------+------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cvcd(1M), dcs(1M), ipsecconf(1M), ipsecalgs(1M), attributes(5), ipsec(7P), ipsecah(7P), ipsecesp(7P), pf_key(7P) Sun Enterprise 10000 SSP Reference Manual System Management Services (SMS) Reference Manual NOTES
IPsec is used by Sun Fire high-end systems such as a Sun Fire 15K, to secure the communication between the SC, and the cvcd(1M) and dcs(1M) daemons running on a domain. System-wide IPsec policies for these daemons are configured on a domain with ipsecconf(1M). Default policies are defined when the SUNWsckmr package is installed on a Sun Fire high-end system domain at OS install time. Package SUNWsckmr configures default system-wide policies for cvcd(1M) and dcs(1M) by adding the following entries in /etc/inet/ipsecinit.conf: { dport sun-dr ulp tcp } permit { auth_alg md5 } { sport sun-dr ulp tcp } apply { auth_alg md5 sa unique } { dport cvc_hostd ulp tcp } permit { auth_alg md5 } { sport cvc_hostd ulp tcp } apply { auth_alg md5 sa unique } The cvc_hostd service represents cvcd(1M) and the sun-dr service represents dcs(1M) in the preceding entries. These policies conform to the format defined by ipsec(7P) and require and require IPsec AH protection using the HMAC-MD5 algorithm. See ipsecah(7P). System-wide policies for cvcd(1M) and dcs(1M) configured on a domain using ipsecconf(1M) must match the IPsec policies defined for these services on the SC. On an SC, IPsec policies for these services are defined by the SMS key management daemon. Refer to thekmd(1M) man page in the System Management Services (SMS) Reference Manual. IPsec encryption or authentication with encryption can be enabled on the domain using the encr_algs and encr_auth_algs properties, as described in the ipsecconf(1M) manual page. For example, the following ipsecconf(1M) entries require IPsec ESP protection using the Triple- DES encryption algorithm and the HMAC-MD5 authentication algorithm. { dport cvc_hostd ulp tcp } permit { encr_algs 3des encr_auth_algs md5 } { sport cvc_hostd ulp tcp } apply { encr_algs 3des encr_auth_algs md5 sa unique } See ipsecesp(7P) for more information on the IPsec ESP protocol. You can obtain a list of authentication and encryption algorithms and their properties by using the ipsecalgs(1M) command. SunOS 5.10 23 Oct 2003 sckmd(1M)