Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can't su to any IDs
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers can't su to any IDs Post 95753 by 98_1LE on Saturday 14th of January 2006 11:13:12 AM
Old 01-14-2006
Does it work without the - ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ids

What's the relationship beteew IDS and informix ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wuhuatao
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrating IDs

I need a script that will move files and change the ownership from a user's old home directory to a new home directory on multiple NIS+ servers. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackdaddy07
0 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Bayesian IDS

Hi there, I am working on Anomaly based Network IDS... Statistical based technique is simple but not quite effective in real scenario... I understand Bayesian classifier/Network is more effective in the context of anomaly detection, but i have very little idea about Bayesian approach for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dinakara
0 Replies

4. AIX

Multiple IDs

Hello Guys, We've around 20 machines & I've root access for all of them. Also, we have around 4 different ID's in these machines. I have to change the passwords every month, I was wondering is there a way to change the password for multiple IDs at one shot? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AbhijithS
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

common ids

I have file1.txt I have file2.txt and I want to extract all the rows in file1.txt that have the same idsas file2.txt in the 3rd column in the file1.txt. so the output willl be I have tried sort ${data}/13.txt > ${data}/13 sort -k3,3 ${data}/333.txt > ${data}/333 awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
4 Replies

6. AIX

Retrieve LUN IDs

Hello, I decommissioned a server recently but made mistake copying the LUN IDs (when I used the command "lscfg -vl hdisk#" on the VIO Servers) to give to the storage team to reclaim the LUNs. Now I have deleted the backing device, vhost on the VIO and have deleted the LPAR from HMC. Before... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paakofi
4 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Email ids from gecos

I would like to extract only the email ids from the gecos of each user id. I have to get the email ids of all the users on the server like this. Can someone please assist me with the command/script? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match ids

Hello, I have two files File 1 with 10 columns rsid position ........ xx 1:10000 File 2 position 1:10000 2:2000 .... I need to extract the IDs given in file 2(column1) from file 1 (column2) and print all columns from file1. I am trying this command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nans
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

List of all ids,groups, privilege ids

I wish to pull out a list of all user ids on the system, including the privileged ids, the groups to which they belong to. Sometimes after deleting an id also, its home dir does not get deleted or an entry is left behind in /etc/passwd. Can someone help me with a script to achieve both. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies
WORKQUEUE(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					      WORKQUEUE(9)

NAME
workqueue -- simple do-it-in-thread-context framework SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/workqueue.h> int workqueue_create(struct workqueue **wqp, const char *name, void (*func)(struct work *, void *), void *arg, pri_t prio, int ipl, int flags); void workqueue_enqueue(struct workqueue *wq, struct work *wk, struct cpu_info *ci); void workqueue_destroy(struct workqueue *wq); DESCRIPTION
The workqueue utility routines are provided to defer work which is needed to be processed in a thread context. workqueue_create() creates a workqueue. It takes the following arguments: wqp Specify where to store the created workqueue. name The name of the workqueue. func The function to be called for each work. arg An argument to be passed as a second argument of func. prio The priority level for the worker threads. ipl The highest IPL at which this workqueue is used. flags The value of 0 indicates a standard create operation, however the following flags may be bitwise ORed together: WQ_MPSAFE Specifies that the workqueue is multiprocessor safe and does its own locking, otherwise the kernel lock will be held while work will be processed. WQ_PERCPU Specifies that the workqueue should have a separate queue for each CPU, thus the work could be enqueued on concrete CPUs. workqueue_enqueue() enqueues the work wk into the workqueue wq. If the WQ_PERCPU flag was set on workqueue creation, the ci argument may be used to specify the CPU on which the work should be enqueued. Also it may be NULL, then work will be enqueued on the current CPU. If WQ_PERCPU flag was not set, ci must be NULL. The enqueued work will be processed in a thread context. A work must not be enqueued again until the callback is called by the workqueue framework. workqueue_destroy() destroys a workqueue and frees associated resources. The caller should ensure that the workqueue has no work enqueued beforehand. RETURN VALUES
workqueue_create() returns 0 on success. Otherwise, it returns an errno(2). CODE REFERENCES
The workqueue subsystem is implemented within the file sys/kern/subr_workqueue.c. SEE ALSO
callout(9), condvar(9), kthread(9), softint(9) BSD
October 24, 2011 BSD