Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users 'tar -xvf' command filled up /dev/root Post 95741 by blowtorch on Saturday 14th of January 2006 06:32:45 AM
Old 01-14-2006
Just check something. Is there a seperate filesystem mounted under the '/htc_ora_prod' directory? If not, the directory is in the root filesystem due to which the root has got full.
Do one thing, create a filesystem and mount it under the '/htc_ora_prod' directory - then try to extract the tarball.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar /dev/dat issue

Hi, I am trying to write to a dat tape, using HP UX 10.20 tar: cannot open /dev/dat not mounted ? ioscan ? if so, then where ? suggestions ? thanks simon (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: simon2000
6 Replies

2. Solaris

tar -xvf is showing error

Hi, When i am trying to untar a file for installation its showing an error like tar -xvf te_agent__sparc.en_tar.gz tar: directory checksum error Please help me to solve this issue........... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
10 Replies

3. AIX

tar -xvf doesnt work

Hello Im trying to extract this file tar -xvf opt-samba-base.tar.tar tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media; 0 not equal to 75420. but I get that message I tried algo with gunzip and uncompress but nothing happens gunzip -d opt-samba-base.tar.tar gunzip:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

tar not reading if output directed to /dev/null

I stumbled across a somewhat strange behavior of tar and find no explanation for it: i was testing a DVD for read errors and thought to simply tar the content and direct the output to /dev/null: tar -cvf - /my/mountpoint/*ts > /dev/null This way i expected the system to read the complete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I look help in tar xvf

Dears, I have copied one compressed file from one directory to another directory say finame.txt.tar.gz copied from FirstDirectory to SecondDirecory cd FirstDirectory / cp finame.txt.tar.gz SecondDirecory cd SecondDirecory/ once i do gunzip to finame.txt.tar.gz it, the file got... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: faiz
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar xvf to a different directory?

Hi all, I have a tar file that was done with tar -cvf <tar_file> /directory. Is there any way that I can untar this, i.e. tar -xvf <tar_file> into a different directory? So far Google said you can't do tar -xvf to a different directory. Unfortunately, am not the one doing the tar -cvf... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Tar xvf in file

Good afternoom, I have a file very big, when I execute tar xvf XXXXXX_2010.tar, and show me this in the screen. x XXXXXX_2010_(01_DE_18).ixf, 3330845041 bytes, 6505557 media blocks. x XXXXXX_2010_(02_DE_18).ixf, 3336071703 bytes, 6515766 media blocks. x XXXXXX_2010_(03_DE_18).ixf, 3333011013... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
3 Replies

9. Solaris

ZCAT xxx.Z|tar -xvf - decompression slow ?

I have recently built a new server and patched Soalris 10 up tp latest bundle etc... When I run a decompress using the format zcat fred.Z |tar -xvf - it runs at a very slow rate. A similiar server which is less powerful runs over twice as quick. Is there any work arounds to configure decompress... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smcart
4 Replies
FBB::mlm(3bobcat)                                             OFoldStream manipulator                                            FBB::mlm(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::mlm - Manipulator modifying left margins of OFoldStream objects SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/ofoldstream> or #include <bobcat/ofoldstreambuf> Linking option: -lbobcat DESCRIPTION
The mlm class implements a manipulator that can be inserted into OFoldStream objects to modify the stream's left margin by a requested amount. The request cannot result in a negative left margin value. If a negative left margin would be the arithmetic result of the request then left margin 0 will silently be used. Depending on the tab-setting of the OFoldStream the inserted value represents the number of blank space characters or the number of tab-characters that will be added to the left margin. The request will be processed at the next newline character or std::flush or std::endl manipulator that is inserted into the stream. If a line is still empty once an mlm object and a flush manipulator are inserted into the stream then the new left margin will be effective at the next word inserted into that line (cf., the example section below) A bad_cast exception is thrown when the manipulator is inserted into an ostream that is not using a OFoldStreambuf buffer. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
- CONSTRUCTOR
o mlm(int addValue): The standard copy constructor is available. MEMBER FUNCTIONS
There are no public or protected member functions in this class. EXAMPLE
#include <iostream> #include <bobcat/ofoldstream> using namespace std; using namespace FBB; int main() { OFoldStream out(cout, 0, 80); out << "hello world (left margin is 0)" << mlm(4) << " " "this uses a 4 character wide left margin " << mlm(-10) << flush << "left margin -6 changed to 0, active on this line "; return 0; } FILES
bobcat/mlm - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7), manipulators(3bobcat), lm(3bobcat), ofoldstream(3bobcat) BUGS
None Reported. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::mlm(3bobcat)