Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: permission, owner and group
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting permission, owner and group Post 95724 by Just Ice on Saturday 14th of January 2006 12:42:48 AM
Old 01-14-2006
find . -type f -exec ls -l {} \; > /dir/file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

owner and group in Linux

I am bit unclear of how Linux was set in the real world, please advise me how it's supposed to be. When I log in as root and do a ls -l, I find: /boot, /, /var, /usr, /tmp, /home, /u01, /u02, /u03 and of of this partition is owned by root and the group also belong to root. Is that the way it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
1 Replies

2. Programming

how I know owner of file and its permission through c program

Helo I havea particular file. how I know ownerof the file as well as file permission using c program. Regards, Amit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatically change owner and group

We have a program that when a new account is created using the webpage it creates a new directory on the linux filesystem for the account. The problem is the process that creates the directory is as root user, as I want ftpuser to be able to login I have to manually login and chown -R the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission denied, but user is owner and has group ownership too

Folks, I have a problem with a particular file, that seems to have some kind of lock on it, that takes around 1 hour approx to timeout. I have used lsof and nothing has an open file handle on it, yet I cannot open it. My user/group owns the file and I can create edit/delete files in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottrus
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search files with owner having execute permission

Hi All, I have to search for all files in the current directory where the owner having execute operation. I can find the files with specific permission such as 666 find . -type f -perm 666 But how to find files with only execute permission to user. tried with : find . -type f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
3 Replies

6. Solaris

setfacl don't change permission on group owner

I try to use setfacl command to change the permission of the group primary it does not accept the command , it really accept but don't change the permission on the group. the point here I read that if I use chmod command on group primary the mask changed, but if I use setfacl mask should not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hard_revenge
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

owner Permission changed automatically

HI all, We had created new user using the command useradd -d /home/selva -s /usr/local/bin/bash selva. But it didnt created the home directory on /home. So i manually created, copied skel files manually and changed the owner from root to selva. At the same time i observed that so many files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaforum
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the Group Owner Name

Hi all, How can i find the group owner name...??? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansahr143
4 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

To identify the group owner

If I have to identify the group owner of an AIX group, what is the command to be used. Example: there is an mqadm group, how do I find the owner of this group? Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
6 Replies

10. AIX

Files without owner and group

Dears it is normal that the below binaries stay without any owner and group I have checked it in many servers and the like the below /usr/lpp/bos.net/inst_root/etc/ipsec# ls -lrt total 248 -r-xr-xr-x 1 987 987 13589 Jun 29 2005 default_group -r-xr-xr-x ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
5 Replies
Ns_Exec(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 				       Ns_Exec(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_ExecArgblk, Ns_ExecArgv, Ns_ExecProc, Ns_ExecProcess, Ns_Fork, Ns_GetEnviron, Ns_WaitForProcess, Ns_WaitProcess, ns_fork - External process execution SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_ExecArgblk(char *exec, char *dir, int fdin, int fdout, char *args, Ns_Set *env) int Ns_ExecArgv(char *exec, char *dir, int fdin, int fdout, char **argv, Ns_Set *env) int Ns_ExecProc(char *exec, char **argv) int Ns_ExecProcess(char *exec, char *dir, int fdin, int fdout, char *args, Ns_Set *env) int Ns_Fork(void) char **Ns_GetEnviron(void) int Ns_WaitForProcess(int pid, int *statusPtr) int Ns_WaitProcess(int pid) int ns_fork(void) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These functions handle fork and exec operations. See files: nsd/exec.c, nsd/tclenv.c and nsthread/fork.c. Ns_ExecArgblk(exec, dir, fdin, fdout, args, env) Executes a command in a child process. Return process id of child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. Provides extended error checking and error messages. Ns_ExecArgv(exec, dir, fdin, fdout, argv, env) Execute a command in a child process using fork(2) and execve(2), returns the process id of child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. The child sends an extended error message to the parent. Ns_ExecProc(exec, argv) Executes a command in a child process. Returns the process id of the child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. Simpli- fies call to Ns_ExecArgv. Ns_ExecProcess(exec, dir, fdin, fdout, args, env) Executes a command in a child process. Returns the process id of the child process exec'ing the command or -1 on failure. Calls Ns_ExecArgblk with same arguments. Ns_Fork() Posix style fork(), using fork1() on Solaris if needed. See fork(2) man page. Calls ns_fork. Ns_GetEnviron() Returns pointer to the environment vector. Ns_WaitForProcess(pid, statusPtr) Wait for child process. Returns NS_OK on success, or NS_ERROR on failure. *statusPtr is set to the exit code of the child process. Ns_WaitProcess(pid) Wait for child process. Calls Ns_WaitForProcess with NULL statusPtr. Returns NS_OK on success, or NS_ERROR on failure. ns_fork() Posix style fork(), using fork1() on Solaris if needed. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Exec(3aolserver)