Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: permission, owner and group
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting permission, owner and group Post 95724 by Just Ice on Saturday 14th of January 2006 12:42:48 AM
Old 01-14-2006
find . -type f -exec ls -l {} \; > /dir/file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

owner and group in Linux

I am bit unclear of how Linux was set in the real world, please advise me how it's supposed to be. When I log in as root and do a ls -l, I find: /boot, /, /var, /usr, /tmp, /home, /u01, /u02, /u03 and of of this partition is owned by root and the group also belong to root. Is that the way it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
1 Replies

2. Programming

how I know owner of file and its permission through c program

Helo I havea particular file. how I know ownerof the file as well as file permission using c program. Regards, Amit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

automatically change owner and group

We have a program that when a new account is created using the webpage it creates a new directory on the linux filesystem for the account. The problem is the process that creates the directory is as root user, as I want ftpuser to be able to login I have to manually login and chown -R the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Permission denied, but user is owner and has group ownership too

Folks, I have a problem with a particular file, that seems to have some kind of lock on it, that takes around 1 hour approx to timeout. I have used lsof and nothing has an open file handle on it, yet I cannot open it. My user/group owns the file and I can create edit/delete files in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottrus
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search files with owner having execute permission

Hi All, I have to search for all files in the current directory where the owner having execute operation. I can find the files with specific permission such as 666 find . -type f -perm 666 But how to find files with only execute permission to user. tried with : find . -type f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
3 Replies

6. Solaris

setfacl don't change permission on group owner

I try to use setfacl command to change the permission of the group primary it does not accept the command , it really accept but don't change the permission on the group. the point here I read that if I use chmod command on group primary the mask changed, but if I use setfacl mask should not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hard_revenge
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

owner Permission changed automatically

HI all, We had created new user using the command useradd -d /home/selva -s /usr/local/bin/bash selva. But it didnt created the home directory on /home. So i manually created, copied skel files manually and changed the owner from root to selva. At the same time i observed that so many files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaforum
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding the Group Owner Name

Hi all, How can i find the group owner name...??? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mansahr143
4 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

To identify the group owner

If I have to identify the group owner of an AIX group, what is the command to be used. Example: there is an mqadm group, how do I find the owner of this group? Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
6 Replies

10. AIX

Files without owner and group

Dears it is normal that the below binaries stay without any owner and group I have checked it in many servers and the like the below /usr/lpp/bos.net/inst_root/etc/ipsec# ls -lrt total 248 -r-xr-xr-x 1 987 987 13589 Jun 29 2005 default_group -r-xr-xr-x ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
5 Replies
libtasn1-config(1)						   User Commands						libtasn1-config(1)

NAME
libtasn1-config - helper script for building with libtasn1 SYNOPSIS
libtasn1-config [--version] [--prefix=dir] [--cflags] [--libs] [--exec-prefix=dir] DESCRIPTION
The libtasn1-config tool is used to determine the compiler and linker flags that should be used to compile and link programs that use the libtasn1 library. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile a program using the specified library. --exec-prefix=dir If specified, use dir instead of the exec installation prefix that the library was built with, when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. --libs Print the linker flags that are necessary to link with the specified library. --prefix=dir If specified, use dir instead of the installation prefix that the library was built with, when computing the output for the --cflags and --libs options. This option must be specified before any --libs or --cflags options. This option is also used for the exec prefix if the --exec-prefix option is not specified. --version Print the currently installed version of the library on the standard output. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Getting the libtasn1 library version example% libtasn1-config --version Example 2: Determining the libraries required to link with the libtasn1 library example% libtasn1-config --libs EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/libtasn1-config Executable for libtasn1 helper script ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlibtasn1 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libtasn1(3), pkg-config(1), attributes(5) Written by Jeff Cai, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 10 Jan 2008 libtasn1-config(1)