Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A question for links in Unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A question for links in Unix Post 95687 by nj302 on Friday 13th of January 2006 02:45:49 PM
Old 01-13-2006
A question for links in Unix

Is there a command that I can list, at once, all the links(path) of a give file ( including hard link and soft link)? If not, can it be down by writing a script? Thanks a lot.

(I know that pwd would only list one path.)

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question posting links

Hi, I do not want to violate any rules, so thought to ask before posting any links. Just to contribute to the forum: through surfing I found a link to download "Unix in a Nutshell" (*.chm) FREE. I was wondering if I can post that link here. Thanks Hemang (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

links in UNIX

Hi Can you please tell me how to create a softlink to a file on a different partition ? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infyanurag
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Collection of Unix Links

Hi, Is there is a good collection of Links to Unix Related stuff? Regards, Kriss (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kriss
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hard links in unix

hi i have a hardlink how can i find the source of it (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpriyank
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Book and Links about Shells; and zsh question

HI, I would like to ask You about some good books or links where I can find information about shells, theoretical information. I will be grateful if You can help me And I have question about zsh loop trivial script: #!/bin/zsh for i in {1..100000} do echo $i; doneexec time is 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physix
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Basic Question About Links

How can you tell if a file is linked to another file?????? Do not title posts "Urgent", etc. Per forum rules. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BIGGDRE10
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic links in UNIX

Hi, I have a file with more than 1 layers of soft links for it. For ex. ls -la .profile .profile@ -> /home/act/.profile_abc ls -la /home/act/.profile_abc@ -> .profile_final I want to get the name of the last file (i.e. .profile_final) when I refer to .profile using shell script. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Soft links question

Hello. I have some main directories. For example : /main_dir1 /main_dir2In main_dir2, I have a sub dir named sub_dir2-1 with 2 files in it ( file_2-1, file_2-2 ) /main_dir2sub_dir2-1file_2-1 file_2-2From "/main_dir1/A/B/C" I make a soft link ln -s /main_dir2/sub_dir2-1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
6 Replies
list link(1m)															     list link(1m)

NAME
list link - Displays a list of all the soft links whose names match the link name that you specify SYNOPSIS
cdscp list link link-name [with attribute-name = attribute-value] ARGUMENTS
The full name of a specific soft link. The last simple name can contain wildcard characters. The name of a particular attribute. The value of a particular attribute. DESCRIPTION
The list link command displays a list of all the soft links whose names match the link name that you specify. The last simple name can contain wildcard characters. You can use a with attribute-name = attribute-value clause to limit output only to soft links whose attributes have values equal to the specified values. A space must precede and follow the = (equals sign). This command does not list the name of the directory, object entry, or other soft link to which the soft link points. Privilege Required You must have read permission to the directory that stores the soft link. If you use a with attribute-name = attribute-value clause in the command, you also need read or test permission to the selected soft links. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command displays a list of all the soft links whose names begin with the letter l in the directory /.:/admin. cdscp> list link /.:/admin/l* LIST SOFTLINK /.../abc.com/admin AT 1991-10-15-15:54:38 lnk01 lnk02 lnk03 lnk04 lnk05 lnk06 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create link(1m), delete link(1m), remove link(1m), set link(1m), show link(1m) list link(1m)