Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Security for network
Special Forums Cybersecurity Security for network Post 9568 by LivinFree on Tuesday 30th of October 2001 02:38:33 AM
Old 10-30-2001
I bought Hacking Exposed when it first came out, and I was amazed at the amount of information amassed inside... I have since bought the Hacking Linux Exposed, also a good read...

Keep in mind though, that they only cover what is known as of the publishing time - for example, the huge kernel hole found two weeks or so ago won't be in the book. Nor will the latest IIS worms...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unix Network Security Admin

Hello peoples, I could really use some expert advice. Currently I am starting my curriculumn in CompSci. I am very interested in Unix, Shell Programming and Network Security. I would Like to work in Compusec/Infosec........fight system vulnerability for my future employer. What Cert would you... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacman-iac
3 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Network Security

Hi, I'm currently in a Technical Writing class and I decided to do a report on network security. I need a primary source for this and decided that I would poll you fine people on your prefrences in security related software to get said primary source. 1. What webserver would you consider to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TYLERofDOOM
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

NIS, Network security

Hi, I am about to take up task of shell scripting in Network Security. Just started on job. But everything looks new NIS etc.. I tried googling to find systematic explanation of network security terms and how to script for that. But was unable to find. Could anyone of you please direct me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security

I am going to take up a position in Data & Network Security. I would need to write network shell scripts doing the following task: Going to around 2000 servers and findout which groups has access to each servers and which ids are there in each group that has access. I need to implement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Career in Networking & Network Security

Hii i want to make career in networking and i m new in this field could u plz help me what should i do (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawan_kumar
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Network security course

Hi I was wondering if someone could give some tips about network security postgraduate courses and/or certifications . I know that is a generic question and a wide area, but that's the problem, the net is full of books, courses, or whatever. My goal is to find a good course (or book) that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
0 Replies
IP-NETNS(8)							       Linux							       IP-NETNS(8)

NAME
ip-netns - process network namespace management SYNOPSIS
ip [ OPTIONS ] netns { COMMAND | help } ip netns { list } ip netns { add | delete } NETNSNAME ip netns exec NETNSNAME command ... DESCRIPTION
A network namespace is logically another copy of the network stack, with it's own routes, firewall rules, and network devices. By convention a named network namespace is an object at /var/run/netns/NAME that can be opened. The file descriptor resulting from opening /var/run/netns/NAME refers to the specified network namespace. Holding that file descriptor open keeps the network namespace alive. The file descriptor can be used with the setns(2) system call to change the network namespace associated with a task. The convention for network namespace aware applications is to look for global network configuration files first in /etc/netns/NAME/ then in /etc/. For example, if you want a different version of /etc/resolv.conf for a network namespace used to isolate your vpn you would name it /etc/netns/myvpn/resolv.conf. ip netns exec automates handling of this configuration, file convention for network namespace unaware applications, by creating a mount namespace and bind mounting all of the per network namespace configure files into their traditional location in /etc. ip netns list - show all of the named network namespaces ip netns add NAME - create a new named network namespace ip netns delete NAME - delete the name of a network namespace ip netns exec NAME cmd ... - Run cmd in the named network namespace EXAMPLES
SEE ALSO
ip(8) AUTHOR
Original Manpage by Eric W. Biederman iproute2 20 Dec 2011 IP-NETNS(8)