Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Reboot problem !!! urgent plse !!!!!!!!!!! Post 95507 by networkfre@k on Wednesday 11th of January 2006 06:37:07 PM
Old 01-11-2006
What me makes a little scary is that you are using a single boot disk on a 200.000 $ + server which probably houses important data.

/ : /dev/(r)dsk/c0t0d0s0

Normally, and I dont know one server where not, the boot disk is at least mirrored, for the best in two seperate disk trays over different controllers in different I/O boards. Adding a spare disk / contegency disk is also a good option to do.

The 3800 has space for two I/O cPCI boards , so you can mirror the boot disk with no single-point-of-failure when you have two disk trays like the D240.

But that your filesystem crashed is another story...´
Hope you can restore from tape ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help urgent problem

i accedently "deleted" all workspaces I have a black screen and dont know what to do solaris common desktop enviroment (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssshakir
1 Replies

2. Solaris

define nvalias's cdrom URGENTLY plse!!!

I need help please ....... I have to urgently setup nvalias 's cdrom ....... following are the output command ...................... {7} ok banner Sun Fire 3800 OpenFirmware version 5.15.2 (08/04/03 10:27) Copyright 2001-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. Use is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tt155
1 Replies

3. Solaris

hme0 problem after reboot

Hi ..... My problem is that when i reboot the system i can't connect to the network because my ethernet ( hme0 ) is down , i must up it by ifconfig command after reboot : # ifconfig -a lo0: flags=1000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tt155
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script issues - Plse help guru's

Hi, I have written the following UNIX for HP-UX 11i. The script basically checks for files older then 45mins in 2 repective directories and then sends and email to the administrator about them. Problem with the script is that I can run it from the command line and crontabtab but 80% of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shutdown and Reboot problem

Hi, i have sco openserver 5.0.6 but have a problem with shutdown or reboot commands. The string I use is "shutdown -g0 -y" but the system just hangs on "The sytem is down" . I used to get a "Safe to turn of" but now nothing. Same with "reboot" the sytem just freezes. Any suggestions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: VTechman
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem connecting to oracle 10g after NCR node reboot

Hi All, I am facing a connection problem with Oracle 10g on Solaris 10 when my application (started by /etc/rc3.d at node reboot) tries to establish a session after reboot of the node where my application is running (NCR UNIX (MP RAS)). I find that my application (run as a deamon process)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowjanya
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Make_Recovery Question Urgent Plse Respond

I have a make_recovery tape, if I restore the VG00 volume group using this, will my other volume groups still be ok after the restore(I have 7 data volume groups) I used make_recovery -A to create the tape I have a HP9000 HP-UX 11 An internal disk is failing, the other volume groups are on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rees_a
3 Replies

8. Linux

Reboot investigation problem

I have a linux server,in this i receive alarm as server has rebooted. When i check uptime of the server it says that the server has rebooted but when i check output of who -b it says that the server rebooted very long back Can some one help what is the issue here. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiwsaj
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

[ URGENT] - HDD visible to OS without reboot

Hi, I have added 30 GB Vmware Scsci disk in RHEL # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3 (Tikanga) I want to make this 30 GB visible to OS without reboot. Pls help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

10. Solaris

solaris link aggregation problem , once i reboot it is not showing, not able to ping the default gat

Hi All, I am trying to aggregate the NIC's,(igb2 and igb3) (igb0 is used by the physical system and igb1 is used by primary-vsw0) to create the domains on that for faster data transfer, I followed the process for creating the aggregation, dladm create-aggr -d igb2 -d igb3 1 after creating the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buildscm
2 Replies
cvcredir(7D)							      Devices							      cvcredir(7D)

NAME
cvcredir - virtual console redirection driver DESCRIPTION
The cvcredir virtual console redirection driver is a STREAMS-based pseudo driver that supports the network console provided on some plat- forms. The cvcredir driver interfaces with the virtual console driver cvc(7D), and the virtual console daemon, cvcd(1M). The cvcredir driver receives console output from cvc and passes it to cvcd. It receives console input from cvcd and passes it to cvc. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |Sun Enterprise 10000 | | |servers, Sun Fire 15K | | |servers | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcvc.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cvcd(1M), attributes(5), console(7D), cvc(7D) Sun Enterprise 10000 SSP Reference Manual Sun System Management Services (SMS) Reference Manual SunOS 5.11 15 Sep 2000 cvcredir(7D)