Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Can a Loopback Filesystem be Partitioned? Post 95477 by dangral on Wednesday 11th of January 2006 01:30:00 PM
Old 01-11-2006
I'm not 100% sure what you are asking. Do you want to just mount the image?

Code:
mount -o loop -t iso9660 filename.iso /mnt/iso

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can I Use Loopback Devices with LVM?

I've got a RedHat 9 box with LVM support in a 2.4.22 kernel. What I would like to do is take a set of empty files created with 'dd' and concatenate them into a volume group. I've done a good deal of googling, and it seems that this is something that can be done. But when I try to use 'pvcreate'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Help With Reading Partitioned Tapes

I have a bunch of 4 mm DDS tapes that have two partitions. I read them on my HP-UX 10.20 box by referencing the device files /dev/rmt/0m (partition 0) and /dev/rmt/0mp (partition 1). Unfortunately, my HP-UX box was lightning struck last week so now I'm trying to read these tapes using Unix Services... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhaverstick
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Loopback files on a FAT based Filesystem?

I'm trying to set up a set of loopback files on a digital music player so I can carry a QEMU virtual machine with me. The digital music player in question is the Rio Karma and the filesystem it uses is omfs. Based on what I read at the Rio Karma FS page:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

loading the data to the partitioned table using procedure

Hi one help, I need one procedure to load data from flat file to table. Table name as input parameter for the procedure. can anyone help me Thanks, Raj, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: easterraj
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Linux partitioned disk mounted on OSOL without formatting

Hello and Merry Christmas... Quick question after tireless search around the web. Description: I have a WD My book world edition II that met an untimely death. However the 2 SATA disks inside seem to be working just fine. Want to add either one of them to my Solaris Desktop. Since I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: michnmi
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

loopback filesystem disappears after reboot

I am running solarix x86 on a dell r810; I have mirrored the two internal 300Gb disks and accepted the default directory structure during the installation. Oracle 11g R2 was then installed with a view to using this machine in a DR scenario. The following steps were performed to create two disks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabberwocky
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to find un-partitioned space in a RHEL server?

I wanted to know how to find un-partitioned space in a Red Hat Linux server. I tried using fdisk but does not seem to be a user friendly output. I hope, my question is clear. Please revert with the reply to my query. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RHCE
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Loopback?

This is in the beginning of the program: clear tput cup 1 20 echo "Welcome to UNIX I Final Assignment" tput cup 4 3 echo -e "Who would you like to look up? \c" tput cup 6 5 echo "vans, Rolland" tput cup 8 5 echo "ones, Mildred" tput cup 10 5 echo "mith, Julie" tput cup 12 5 echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thriveforana
0 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Loopback

clear echo "vans, Rolland" echo "Press in Your Keyboard to Quit" echo -e "Please Enter Your Choice : \c" read option case $option in I have created the corresponding information for each input on the display so... My question is... How do I display the corresponding information... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thriveforana
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

NAT Loopback and iptables

Hello, please can you help and explain me. I have two servers. Both are RHEL6. I use the first one like router and the second one for apache. Router forwards 80 port on the second server and I can open that from the internet (mysite.com, for example). But I can not open mysite.com if i try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 6765656755
0 Replies
MSDOSFS(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							MSDOSFS(5)

NAME
msdosfs -- MS-DOS file system SYNOPSIS
options MSDOSFS DESCRIPTION
The msdosfs driver will permit the FreeBSD kernel to read and write MS-DOS based file systems. The most common usage follows: mount -t msdosfs /dev/ada0sN /mnt where N is the partition number and /mnt is a mount point. Some users tend to create a /dos directory for msdosfs mount points. This helps to keep better track of the file system, and make it more easily accessible. It is possible to define an entry in /etc/fstab that looks similar to: /dev/ada0sN /dos msdosfs rw 0 0 This will mount an MS-DOS based partition at the /dos mount point during system boot. Using /mnt as a permanent mount point is not advised as its intention has always been to be a temporary mount point for floppy and ZIP disks. See hier(7) for more information on FreeBSD direc- tory layout. SEE ALSO
mount(2), unmount(2), mount(8), mount_msdosfs(8), umount(8) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
October 1, 2013 BSD