Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Migrating from HP-UX 11 to HP-UX 11.i? Post 95434 by sarwan on Wednesday 11th of January 2006 08:12:11 AM
Old 01-11-2006
Migrating from HP-UX 11 to HP-UX 11.i?

Hi,
I want to Migrate my machine from HP-UX 11 to HP-UX 11.i, regarding this i would like to know the difference and the advances b/w these two.

If anyone have cookbook HP-UX 11 to HP-UX 11.i, then provide the link to me.
Thanks in Advance.
Sarwan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Migrating from NT to UNIX

I'm looking for a sample plan for migrating my OS from NT to UNIX that I can build a project plan on. Does anyone know of a resource? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llehew
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

migrating from Windows

Hello all, I was given an old computer that has freebsd 4.3 installed. The computer is a HP 4GB 300Mhz built in 1998. Apparently, the computer has not been used as the /home directory is empty of files. I want to migrate away from Micro$oft and learn unix but am not a programmer and finding... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phredro
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Migrating from HP to Solaris

My company is considering migrating from HP unix to Solaris just to get two more years of support for a particular software product. My question is just how much of an effort is it to do this migration? Are you aware of any migration tools to assist us in this migration? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

When migrating from HP-UX 11.0 to HP-UX 11.i

Hi to all, I am migrating HP-UX 11.0 to HP-UX 11.i, The following list are the components which i used in HP-UX 11.0, Whether I can use this same components in HP-UX 11.i or I should upgrade any of software version with respect to HP-UX 11.i. Oracle 8.1.7 Tuxedo 8.0 BEA Message queue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrating IDs

I need a script that will move files and change the ownership from a user's old home directory to a new home directory on multiple NIS+ servers. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackdaddy07
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Migrating to Directories

Hi All, I want some command to migrate between the directories as below: read x cd /export/home/$x Please advise. Cheers, Shazin (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
11 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Migrating from Unix to Linux

Is there a way to migrate username password from Freebsd 6.1 to Linux Ubuntu 8.04. I am using the server as a email server running postfix and using imap. Is there a way to transfer the usernames and password. I have transferred all the Maildirs but I am getting uid errors and gid errors even after... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbizzell
2 Replies

8. SCO

Migrating Digi PortServer TS 16

Hi I am migrating from SCO 5.05 to SCO 6. The SCO 5.05 is on old hardware. I have installed SCO 6.0 on a new Dell server. I am manualy migrating the users, printer config and profiles. When I finsh migrating I plan to switch the IP address from the old server to new server, and shut... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atish0
2 Replies

9. Linux

Migrating to new server

Hi I configured a full blown Suse Linux server with FTP (VSFTP) server (98 users), Samba as well as secure Ftp on Suse Linux 10 SP4. I need to transfer the whole system to a NEW server that I configured with Ver 11.4 What files need to be backed up and restored to the new server keeping the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tony.Marshall
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Migrating to UNIX

I am looking for a stable, reliable system to replace my current Windows systems in the home. These are simple systems that I purchased from the local Big Box store. I have heard many good things about Unix and it's various children and it sounds like a good option to me. I have worked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: donschurter
2 Replies
KNIFE-ENVIRONMENT(1)						    Chef Manual 					      KNIFE-ENVIRONMENT(1)

NAME
knife-environment - Define cookbook policies for the environments in your infrastructure SYNOPSIS
knife environment sub-command (options) SUBCOMMANDS
Environment subcommands follow a basic create, read, update, delete (CRUD) pattern. The following subcommands are available: CREATE
knife environment create environment (options) -d, --description DESCRIPTION The value of the description field. Create a new environment object on the Chef Server. The envrionment will be opened in the text editor for editing prior to creation if the -n option is not present. DELETE
knife environment delete environment (options) Destroy an environment on the Chef Server. A prompt for confirmation will be displayed if the -y options is not given. EDIT
knife environment edit environment (options) Fetch environment and display it in the text editor for editing. The environment will be saved to the Chef Server when the editing session exits. FROM FILE
knife environment from file file (options) Create or update an environment from the JSON or Ruby format file. See format for the proper format of this file. LIST
knife environment list (options) * -w, --with-uri: Show the resource URI for each environment SHOW
knife environment show environment (options) DESCRIPTION
Environments provide a means to apply policies to hosts in your infrastructure based on business function. For example, you may have a sep- arate copy of your infrastructure called "dev" that runs the latest version of your application and should use the newest versions of your cookbooks when configuring systems, and a production instance of your infrastructure where you wish to update code and cookbooks in a more controlled fashion. In Chef, this function is implemented with environments. Environments contain two major components: a set of cookbook version constraints and environment attributes. SYNTAX
A cookbook version constraint is comprised of a cookbook name and a version constraint. The cookbook name is the name of a cookbook in your system, and the version constraint is a String describing the version(s) of that cookbook allowed in the environment. Only one version con- straint is supported for a given cookbook name. The exact syntax used to define a cookbook version constraint varies depending on whether you use the JSON format or the Ruby format. In the JSON format, the cookbook version constraints for an environment are represented as a single JSON object, like this: {"apache2": ">= 1.5.0"} In the Ruby format, the cookbook version contraints for an environment are represented as a Ruby Hash, like this: {"apache2" => ">= 1.5.0"} A version number is a String comprised of two or three digits separated by a dot (.) character, or in other words, strings of the form "major.minor" or "major.minor.patch". "1.2" and "1.2.3" are examples of valid version numbers. Version numbers containing more than three digits or alphabetic characters are not supported. A version constraint String is composed of an operator and a version number. The following operators are available: = VERSION Equality. Only the exact version specified may be used. > VERSION Greater than. Only versions greater than VERSION may be used. >= VERSION Greater than or equal to. Only versions equal to VERSION or greater may be used. < VERSION Less than. Only versions less than VERSION may be used. <= VERSION Less than or equal to. Only versions lesser or equal to VERSION may be used. ~> VERSION Pessimistic greater than. Depending on the number of components in the given VERSION, the constraint will be optimistic about future minor or patch revisions only. For example, ~> 1.1 will match any version less than 2.0 and greater than or equal to 1.1.0, whereas ~> 2.0.5 will match any version less than 2.1.0 and greater than or equal to 2.0.5. FORMAT
The JSON format of an envioronment is as follows: { "name": "dev", "description": "The development environment", "cookbook_versions": { "couchdb": "= 11.0.0" }, "json_class": "Chef::Environment", "chef_type": "environment", "default_attributes": { "apache2": { "listen_ports": [ "80", "443" ] } }, "override_attributes": { "aws_s3_bucket": "production" } } The Ruby format of an environment is as follows: name "dev" description "The development environment" cookbook_versions "couchdb" => "= 11.0.0" default_attributes "apache2" => { "listen_ports" => [ "80", "443" ] } override_attributes "aws_s3_bucket" => "production" SEE ALSO
knife-node(1) knife-cookbook(1) knife-role(1) http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Environments http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Ver- sion+Constraints AUTHOR
Chef was written by Adam Jacob adam@opscode.com with many contributions from the community. DOCUMENTATION
This manual page was written by Daniel DeLeo dan@opscode.com. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and / or modify this document under the terms of the Apache 2.0 License. CHEF
Knife is distributed with Chef. http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Home Chef 10.12.0 June 2012 KNIFE-ENVIRONMENT(1)