Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix Date query
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix Date query Post 9538 by Kelam_Magnus on Monday 29th of October 2001 01:58:11 PM
Old 10-29-2001
solution

I found this from one of the moderators responses to Perderabo.

Not mine but very good!

perl -e 'print scalar localtime(time-86400)'. Gives output of yesterday 24 hours ago.

Just change the 86400 by multiples to go back X number of days.

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date change related query

Good day folks, This is my first post on this board and I thank you in advance for helping me with this issue. Any idea how I can synchronize server time with another timeserver but have my server lag behind by 2 seconds? Meaning...I need a simple unix script that I can run as crone that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: franklo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date & NUmber Validation Query

Hi Do you have any pointers how to validate numbers (not to contain alphabets and special characters) and date(MM/DD/YYYY) format. I used following regular expression to validate integer, which is not working in the default shell: nodigits="$(echo $testvalue | sed 's/]//g')" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok_jax
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare date from db2 table to yesterday's Unix system date

I am currently running the following Korn shell script which works fine: #!/usr/bin/ksh count=`db2 -x "select count(*) from schema.tablename"` echo "count" I would like to add a "where" clause to the 2nd line that would allow me to get a record count of all the records from schema.tablename... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasaliasim
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query regarding date field in shell script

Hi, I wrote a simple shell script which accepts the input value yearmonth in the format YYYYMM and displays the date as YYYY-MM-DD.Day will be 01 always.Please find the code below #!/bin/ksh export yearmonth_date=$1 print_usage() { echo "usage: ${0##*/} <yearmonth_date> \n" \ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convertion of Date Format using SQL query in a shell script

When I write Select date_field from TableA fetch first row only I am getting the output as 09/25/2009. I want to get the output in the below format 2009-09-25 i.e., MM-DD-YYYY. Please help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date Query

I need to generate a report on the first of each month that will show me how many points are going to expire on a particular scheme for the next three months. The points expiry is not an issue what I have an issue with is finding the command to give me the last day of each month for the current and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theref
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query - date command

Hi, I am trying to capture the total run time of a script which contains SQL's by providing date command in top & bottom, it displaying both the times same in top & bottom.However the time in the sql connection is different.Please help. OS - LINUX Shell - ksh printf "Script Started at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX date fuction - how to deduct days from today's date

Hi, One of my Unix scripts needs to look for files coming in on Fridays. This script runs on Mondays. $date +"%y%m%d" will give me today's date. How can I get previous Friday's date.. can I do "today's date minus 3 days" to get Friday's date? If not, then any other way?? Name of the files is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies
Time::Seconds(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					Time::Seconds(3pm)

NAME
Time::Seconds - a simple API to convert seconds to other date values SYNOPSIS
use Time::Piece; use Time::Seconds; my $t = localtime; $t += ONE_DAY; my $t2 = localtime; my $s = $t - $t2; print "Difference is: ", $s->days, " "; DESCRIPTION
This module is part of the Time::Piece distribution. It allows the user to find out the number of minutes, hours, days, weeks or years in a given number of seconds. It is returned by Time::Piece when you delta two Time::Piece objects. Time::Seconds also exports the following constants: ONE_DAY ONE_WEEK ONE_HOUR ONE_MINUTE ONE_MONTH ONE_YEAR ONE_FINANCIAL_MONTH LEAP_YEAR NON_LEAP_YEAR Since perl does not (yet?) support constant objects, these constants are in seconds only, so you cannot, for example, do this: "print ONE_WEEK->minutes;" METHODS
The following methods are available: my $val = Time::Seconds->new(SECONDS) $val->seconds; $val->minutes; $val->hours; $val->days; $val->weeks; $val->months; $val->financial_months; # 30 days $val->years; $val->pretty; # gives English representation of the delta The usual arithmetic (+,-,+=,-=) is also available on the objects. The methods make the assumption that there are 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week, 365.24225 days in a year and 12 months in a year. (from The Calendar FAQ at http://www.tondering.dk/claus/calendar.html) AUTHOR
Matt Sergeant, matt@sergeant.org Tobias Brox, tobiasb@tobiasb.funcom.com BalXzs SzabX (dLux), dlux@kapu.hu LICENSE
Please see Time::Piece for the license. Bugs Currently the methods aren't as efficient as they could be, for reasons of clarity. This is probably a bad idea. POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 245: Non-ASCII character seen before =encoding in 'BalXzs'. Assuming UTF-8 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Time::Seconds(3pm)