Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux NTPD seems to be not syncing !!! Post 95275 by csaha on Monday 9th of January 2006 11:40:31 PM
Old 01-10-2006
Quote:
A simple websearch for "linux ntp" will provide you with an endless number of documents ...
Smilie
you know thats what I fear - in search of a good document, I will endup with lot many unnecessary docs Smilie .. Thats why I asked my Linux friends if someone knows about any good docs, anyway no probs I will find it out ...

Thanks
C Saha Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Ntpd

Hello, I'm looking for assitance on setting up network time protocol on my HP-ux boxes. I have edit the .conf file accordingly. And /etc/services. But whenever I try and start the service nothing happens at all. No error message, nothing. I have a SCO box as a time server and I wish... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satinet
0 Replies

2. AIX

ntpd version

How to check the ntpd version of AIX 5.3 ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanlkw
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the ntpd deamon script

I need to replace the line daemon ntpd $OPTIONS in the following script with daemon ntpd $OPTIONS 2>&1 > /var/log/ntpd.log & what will happen? The idea of replacing is to capture the output on the console into ntpd.log file. Will this work? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naive1977
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

ntpd -gq not working

as advised and documented, i'm trying to use the ntpd -gq instead of ntpdate. The result is that clock not set. as below. However ntpdate is working ok and had set the clock correctly this is the ntp.conf file: # cat /etc/ntp.conf logfile /var/log/ntp.log driftfile /var/lib/ntp/drift... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.zuhd
6 Replies

5. Debian

Ntpd slow start

on every boot, ntpd takes long time to start (after moving from dhcp to static ip). is there a way to speed it up? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orange47
1 Replies
dhelp_parse(8)							Debian Linux manual						    dhelp_parse(8)

NAME
dhelp_parse - Debian online help parser SYNOPSIS
dhelp_parse [ -r | -i | -a doc-base_file | -d doc-base_file ] DESCRIPTION
This program is used by package developers to register the documents included in a package. In most cases it is called by install-docs (see doc-base package), which in turn is called from the postinst and prerm scripts of a Debian package. An index of the registered documents is written in the directory /usr/share/doc/HTML OPTIONS
-h,--help Displays the help page. -a Adds the documentation found in the given doc-base files to the dhelp database. -d Deletes the documentation found in the given doc-base files from the dhelp database. -i Does an incremental update of the documents index for all documentation added with the -a switch after the last index update. -r Ignored, kept for compatibility. PACKAGE DEVELOPERS
You should usually rely on install-docs to do the work for you, but if for some reason you want to use dhelp_parse directly (not recom- mended!), you have to call it like this: postinst if [ -x /usr/sbin/dhelp_parse ]; then dhelp_parse -a /var/lib/doc-base/documents/foo fi prerm if [ -x /usr/sbin/dhelp_parse ]; then dhelp_parse -d /var/lib/doc-base/documents/foo fi Note that /var/lib/doc-base/documents/foo has to be a valid doc-base file (see doc-base documentation). SEE ALSO
dhelp(1), install-docs(8) AUTHOR
This package was written by Esteban Manchado Velazquez (zoso@debian.org). Debian 29 May 2008 dhelp_parse(8)