Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux NTPD seems to be not syncing !!! Post 95275 by csaha on Monday 9th of January 2006 11:40:31 PM
Old 01-10-2006
Quote:
A simple websearch for "linux ntp" will provide you with an endless number of documents ...
Smilie
you know thats what I fear - in search of a good document, I will endup with lot many unnecessary docs Smilie .. Thats why I asked my Linux friends if someone knows about any good docs, anyway no probs I will find it out ...

Thanks
C Saha Smilie

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Ntpd

Hello, I'm looking for assitance on setting up network time protocol on my HP-ux boxes. I have edit the .conf file accordingly. And /etc/services. But whenever I try and start the service nothing happens at all. No error message, nothing. I have a SCO box as a time server and I wish... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satinet
0 Replies

2. AIX

ntpd version

How to check the ntpd version of AIX 5.3 ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanlkw
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the ntpd deamon script

I need to replace the line daemon ntpd $OPTIONS in the following script with daemon ntpd $OPTIONS 2>&1 > /var/log/ntpd.log & what will happen? The idea of replacing is to capture the output on the console into ntpd.log file. Will this work? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naive1977
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

ntpd -gq not working

as advised and documented, i'm trying to use the ntpd -gq instead of ntpdate. The result is that clock not set. as below. However ntpdate is working ok and had set the clock correctly this is the ntp.conf file: # cat /etc/ntp.conf logfile /var/log/ntp.log driftfile /var/lib/ntp/drift... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad.zuhd
6 Replies

5. Debian

Ntpd slow start

on every boot, ntpd takes long time to start (after moving from dhcp to static ip). is there a way to speed it up? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orange47
1 Replies
MONGOCOLLECTION.FINDONE(3)						 1						MONGOCOLLECTION.FINDONE(3)

MongoCollection::findOne - Queries this collection, returning a single element

SYNOPSIS
public array MongoCollection::findOne ([array $query = array()], [array $fields = array()], [array $options = array()]) DESCRIPTION
As opposed to MongoCollection.find(3), this method will return only the first result from the result set, and not a MongoCursor that can be iterated over. PARAMETERS
o $query - The fields for which to search. MongoDB's query language is quite extensive. The PHP driver will in almost all cases pass the query straight through to the server, so reading the MongoDB core docs on find is a good idea. Warning Please make sure that for all special query operaters (starting with $) you use single quotes so that PHP doesn't try to replace "$exists" with the value of the variable $exists. o $fields - Fields of the results to return. The array is in the format array('fieldname' => true, 'fieldname2' => true). The _id field is always returned. o $options - This parameter is an associative array of the form array("name" => <value>, ...). Currently supported options are: o "maxTimeMS"Specifies a cumulative time limit in milliseconds for processing the operation (does not include idle time). If the operation is not completed within the timeout period, a MongoExecutionTimeoutException will be thrown. RETURN VALUES
Returns record matching the search or NULL. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Throws MongoConnectionException if it cannot reach the database. CHANGELOG
+--------+------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+------------------------------------+ | 1.5.0 | | | | | | | Added optional $options argument. | | | | +--------+------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 MongoCollection::findOne document by its id. This example demonstrates how to find a single document in a collection by its id. <?php $articles = $mongo->my_db->articles; $article = $articles->findOne(array('_id' => new MongoId('47cc67093475061e3d9536d2'))); ?> Example #2 MongoCollection::findOne document by some condition. This example demonstrates how to find a single document in a collection by some condition and limiting the returned fields. <?php $users = $mongo->my_db->users; $user = $users->findOne(array('username' => 'jwage'), array('password')); print_r($user); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [_id] => MongoId Object ( ) [password] => test ) Notice how even though the document does have a username field, we limited the results to only contain the password field. SEE ALSO
MongoCollection.find(3), MongoCollection.insert(3), MongoDB core docs on find.. PHP Documentation Group MONGOCOLLECTION.FINDONE(3)