Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Directory list inside a directory Post 95187 by Gotrain on Monday 9th of January 2006 01:05:21 AM
Old 01-09-2006
How do I create file in directory?

I am creating scripts and I need to create a $HOME/bin directory. I know I should create a seprate file for testing but I'll do that next.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replacing text inside a directory

This is my first post to this group.I am new to Unix.I have one requirement I need to replace a text in all the files in a directory and sub-directory.Eg i have a folder structure like /usr/local/abc , inside abc i have several directories and several files. All the files inside abc and all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vatsan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to see directory and the files inside it.

Hi Expert, How can i able to see the directory and the files inside the directories. Is it possible, please suggest. Thanks shaan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory inside directory problem

hii, I have to create a directory under the same directory with the date +%a extension like this BackupLocation=$BackupLocation/$BackupLocation$(date +%w) but the problem is --- if backuplocation is abc/dfg then accroding to the above statement it would be abc/dfg/abc/dfg5 but i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching files inside directory

hey, i need to use grep to search a bunch of header files inside a directory to return which file i can find the function i'm searching for in. how do i use wild cards to search through the files? i can only figure out how to search inside the directory, not inside the files that are in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylethesir
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip files inside the directory, but not the directory itself

Hi, Im facing a problem that im stucked, I have the following structure: thales@pereirtc-vbox:/home/VfARM$ ls code config doc lib manifest.bak manifest.rel manifest.v3 ns pub if i try to execute zip -q -o arm.zip VfARM/* it will create a zip file with the folder VfARM.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thales.Claro
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create a file inside a directory

create a file inside a directory in one command like current directory is root i want to create a directory inside root and a file inside that directory is there any command like touch /d/d.txt d directory does not exist (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhisheklodha13
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep all the files inside the directory and Sub directory

Hi, I have used the command cat * | grep -r <<String>> * It returns: cat : JAN : is directory *********************** ********************* My directory structure: log - JAN -catalina.out -FEB -catalina.out -MARCH ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping inside directories based on a file which contains file directory list

Hi All, Please help. I have got a file which contains a listing of a file and some directories after it, one by one. I am calling this file xyz.txt here file1 dir1 dir2 dir3 dir4 file2 dir5 dir6 dir7 dir8 file3 dir9 dir10 dir11 dir12 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Piyush Jakra
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List filename of files only inside a directory (non-recurrsive) on AIX

I wish to list only files along with the absolute path in a given directory on my AiX 6.1 system. Below is the best I could do. ls -p "/app/scripts"/* This gives a a list of all filename along with folder names with absolute path non-recurrsive (without listing files in sub-directories)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies
NWDIR(1)							       nwdir								  NWDIR(1)

NAME
nwdir - Lists files in directory SYNOPSIS
nwdir [-h] [-v] [-l] [-t] [-d] [-e] [-f] [directory] DESCRIPTION
nwdir lists files, directories and their attributes from the specified NetWare directory. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -d List directories like other files, rather than listing their contents. -l Show filename in all available namespaces. -v Verbose listing, display everything possible. -e Display OS/2 Extended Attributes. -f List connections using each file. -t Show all informations (rights, attributes, file inodes) also as hexadecimal numbers. directory You can specify the directory to list. Current working directory is used by default. You have to specify path in Linux format, not in NetWare format. EXAMPLES
nwdir -t -v /NetWare/server/sys With this example, all files from directory /NetWare/server/sys are displayed. AUTHORS
nwdir was written by Milan Vandrovec. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. BUGS
Directory quotas are not displayed. User names are not taken from NDS, but only from bindery. nwdir 4/2/1998 NWDIR(1)