Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Command to determine Tape Drive model and make Post 95123 by reborg on Friday 6th of January 2006 03:05:57 PM
Old 01-06-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2prog
Guys..
Looks like you have not understood my questions.

If I have to get the details of the drive model and other details
iostat shows the system io statistics..
bash-3.00$ iostat -E
dad1 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
Model: HDS722580VLAT20 Revision: V32OA62A Serial No: VN62GECBEH
Size: 80.02GB <80023879680 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 0
sd1 Soft Errors: 5 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
Vendor: JLMS Product: XJ-HD166S Revision: D3S4 Serial No:
Size: 0.14GB <137889792 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 5 Predictive Failure Analysis: 0

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Command to determine Tape Type

I have 2 UNIX boxes and I need to determine whether or not they possess the same tape drive. What is the hardware command to determine what type of tape drive is present? Thx in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Surdeymon
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to determine what type of backup I've on the tape

I've tape which I've to use to restore data. The problem is that I don't know what type of backup I have on this type. Can someone help me and tell me how can I determine what type of backup is on the tape? Thanks for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fraydey
2 Replies

4. Solaris

/dev/rmt is empty - Trying to make Tape Drive Functional

I have an HP Proliant DL380 with Intel Processors that I recently loaded Solaris 10 with latest patches on it. I'm trying to do a ufsdump to an HP DAT 40 tape drive via SCSI, but I can't get it to do anything because /dev/rmt is empty. I've tried the following with luck: touch /reconfigure,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvaughn
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tar to tape drive command

I want to use this command to tar to tape: tar cf - DIR | compress > `hostname`_`date +%m-%d-%y`.DIR.tar.Z this of course goes to the FS. How do I modify this to go directly to tape? My tape device is /dev/rmt/0 thanks. Having so many posts you should be familiar using code tags.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
7 Replies

6. AIX

How to make a copy of a tape to another tape?

Hello, We need to make a copy of a backup tape, using the 2 tape recorders in IBM 3582 Tape Library We tried tu use "tcopy", it seems to work fine (no error messages) but we aren't sure if we can rely on it. my question is how to check if the copy succeded or not, but i also want to know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastlane3000
3 Replies

7. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies

8. AIX

Determine power family of p system from the model #.

Folks, Again a very silly question :D Could someone tell me, how to determine the power family(540, 520, 575, 595 etc) just by looking into the model # info from prtconf/lsconf o/p of the lpar? I dont want run a search on any search engine to find out the power family or hit IBM website to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
3 Replies
gvid_no_claim_dev(5)						File Formats Manual					      gvid_no_claim_dev(5)

NAME
gvid_no_claim_dev - PCI Vendor/Device ID that the gvid graphics driver will not claim VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values Specific to the device you wish to prevent from claiming. DESCRIPTION
This tunable specifies the PCI Vendor ID and/or Device ID of a graphics device that the HP graphics driver should not claim. The graphics driver was designed to be a general purpose driver for all PCI graphics cards. As a result, the driver will attempt to claim any PCI graphics display device found on the system. This can be a problem for graphics device developers who need their own graphics driver to claim their own graphics device. The value of will specify a PCI Vendor ID and/or Device ID of a graphics card that the gvid graphics driver should not claim. It is a 32 bit number, with the upper 16 bits containing the PCI Vendor ID and the lower 16 bits containing the PCI Device ID. Either the Vendor ID or Device ID can use a wildcard value of For example, if is set to the value the driver will ignore graphics devices with a PCI Vendor ID of and a Device ID of If is set to the driver will not claim any graphics cards with a Vendor ID of regardless of the Device ID. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone who wishes the graphics driver to ignore a specific graphics device. This will typically be someone writing their own graphics driver for their own hardware. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at the next reboot. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters gvid_no_claim_dev(5)