Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to link lib or Dll using gcc Post 95098 by yuwang on Friday 6th of January 2006 10:49:52 AM
Old 01-06-2006
How to link lib or Dll using gcc

I had this lib which I don't have access to the source code and is created by micosoft Visual C++ compiler ......

Right now I want to reuse this lib as part of my new project which only has gcc as the only compiler...

I had the problem that the lib won't link to my other c code...

my question is how I can get around this..some how create a new version of the lib for the gcc compiler....

any help will be appreciated...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

gcc Link problem

I have some crypting functions in object-file - for example,func.o Main file,from where crypting functions called, named as main.cpp . "gcc main.cpp -o main func.o" print "undefined reference to ... " But if I rename main.cpp to main.c and execute "gcc main.c -o main func.o" - ok. If anybody,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gigachel
3 Replies

2. Programming

use gcc and link with a library

Hello, J have a problem when I use gcc: This comand works: gcc -shared -fpic -I/usr/include/sys -I/usr/include -L/usr/lib/librt.sl essai1.c mylib.sl but gcc I/usr/include/sys -I/usr/include -L/usr/lib/librt.sl essai2.c -o essai don't work. The first command creates a dynamique... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AUBERT
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to link to some lib in runtime as a nonsuper user?

My program is written in cpp and it uses a non standard library. I have compiled successfully by linking it to the library. But when i try to run the program. it give a error message like: "error while loading shared libraries: ***.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzz_zzz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a .dll using cygwin and a .lib

Hi, I inherited a .lib file that I need to use to make a .dll file from a c++ file. I am able to do this in visual studio but I can not do this using cygwin. I would like to build the dll using the commandline in order to create a make file. Can someone help me. I would really appreciate it. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsoleyma
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

6. Solaris

gcc lib error

Hi, I am working with solaris 9(SunOS mgsun 5.9 Generic_112233-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100).I install the gcc 3.4.6 from sunfreeware website and when I am trying to run it,I am getting the error-- # gcc ld.so.1: gcc: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory Killed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Accidentally deleted s. link /usr/lib/secure/s8_preload.so.1

I have accidentally deleted the sim link: /usr/lib/secure/s8_preload.so.1 -> /.SUNWnative/usr/lib/brand/solaris8/s8_preload.so.1 and now I can't do almost anything in my Solaris 8 container. I still have an open session to the machine. I can not create the link again because trying to run:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qwertysas
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

ls: /lib/libattr.so.1: no version information available (required by /lib/libacl.so.1)

Hello, I'm experimenting a problem on my rh server. Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 8) 2.4.21-47.ELsmp #1 SMP i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux It started with a segmentation fault on #id root To resolve it, I've installed coreutils-4.5.3-28.4.i386.rpm But, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

9. Programming

g++ fails to link to static library when compilation and link in single command

Hello All, I've encountered a strange behaviour from g++ that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe you can shed some light on it: I have a bunch of source files and want to compile them and link them with a static library liba.a located in /usr/local/lib64 into an executable Approach 1 works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magelord
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

link /lib /lib64

i have redhat 5 and i need to link /lib and /lib64 from workstation 1 to workstation 2 i need the same /lib /lib64 in two workstation how can i make that ???????? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayman
4 Replies
premake(1)							    Development 							premake(1)

Name
       premake - a build script generator

Copyright
       Copyright (C) 2002-2008 Jason Perkins and the Premake Project Lua 5.1 Copyright (C) 1994-2008 Lua.org, PUC-Rio

Usage
	--file name	  Process the specified premake script file

--clean 	  Remove all binaries and build scripts
	--verbose	Generate verbose makefiles (where applicable)

--cc name	  Choose a C/C++ compiler, if supported by target; one of:
	     gcc       GNU gcc compiler
	     dmc       Digital Mars C/C+ compiler (experimental)

--dotnet name	  Choose a .NET compiler set, if supported by target; one of:
	     ms        Microsoft (csc)
	     mono      Mono (mcs)
	     mono2     Mono .NET 2.0 (gmcs)
	     pnet      Portable.NET (cscc)

--os name	  Generate files for different operating system; one of:
	     bsd       OpenBSD, NetBSD, or FreeBSD
	     linux     Linux
	     macosx    MacOS X
	     windows   Microsoft Windows

--target name	  Generate input files for the specified toolset; one of:
	     cb-gcc    Code::Blocks Studio with GCC
	     cb-ow     Code::Blocks Studio with Open Watcom C/C++
	     cl-gcc    CodeLite with GCC
	     gnu       GNU Makefile for POSIX, MinGW, and Cygwin
	     monodev   MonoDevelop
	     sharpdev  ICSharpCode SharpDevelop
	     vs6       Microsoft Visual Studio 6
	     vs2002    Microsoft Visual Studio 2002
	     vs2003    Microsoft Visual Studio 2003
	     vs2005    Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (includes Express editions)
	     vs2008    Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (experimental)

--help		  Display this information
	--version	  Display version information

Jason Perkins and the Premake Project					3.7								premake(1)