Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic regarding aliasing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Basic regarding aliasing Post 95065 by matrixmadhan on Friday 6th of January 2006 06:32:05 AM
Old 01-06-2006
after you edit .bashrc,
reload it

Code:
. $HOME/.bashrc

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is IP aliasing ?

Hi, Can anyone tell me what is IP aliasing ? I do not know if this is the right place for this thread !!. Thanks in advance, Gideon. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethgideon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aliasing question in UNIX

Folks; I know this might sound stupid, but Can i alias a web link to another web link in a UNIX server? Let say i have a web link named http://test.new.com/wiki Can i alias that so when i click on it or i type it in the browser address it opens but the link in the browser say something like:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

aliasing the TO name in Unix mails

HI All, I have a small question/clarification/doubt . Does anyone know how to provide alias in the mails that come from Unix servers. Like i have a Unix server that generates status mails every hour for a scheduled job , it sends me mails with status with the ID in from field as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell programming / aliasing / set -f

Here's my opportunity.... I want to turn off the * expansion, execute the shell script and have it see the arguement with the * and not all the filenames, and then set +f once the script is executed. 1) I have an alias set as follows: alias scp='set -f; /opt/dir1/dir2/script.sh ; set +f'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hsamm
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Cluster Suite IP-Aliasing

Hi, is it normal, that the IP alias (service IP) can't be seen with ifconfig -a , as eth0:1 for example the IP is on the node, you can ping it, and open ports for that IP look at this: # ip addr 1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 16436 qdisc noqueue link/loopback... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I do aliasing in shellscript?

#Example.sh alias rmv 'sh Example2.sh' when i execute exapme.sh alias name not working. how i solve this problem?? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
9 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

aliasing command

hi to all members in this forums .. Nice to meet you... i only have a questions about command utility of "dd": for example i will type: pico trial this is my file. and save it and type chmod a+x trial can there be a way that instead of typing: dd if=trial of=trial.copy conv=ucase... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marahtia
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Directory Aliasing

Hello, I need to rediret the directory location at run time as:- If I type cd /dir1/dir2 then it should take me to /dir1/dir3 at run time. Inside dir1, both dir2 and dir3 directories are present. Could anyone guild me over it? Thanks Shubham (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubh05
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Abbreviated aliasing would be a great feature to bring to shells

Being able to mark in an alias definition a point of minimal abbreviation, an old feature of VAX/VMS shell (DCL) would be really nice in modern *nix shells. In DCL you used to be able to define an alias (in its own weird syntax) which would be something like this: $ alias fuz*zyanimals="cat... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unscripted
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)