Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: about moderators..
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators about moderators.. Post 94832 by sekar sundaram on Wednesday 4th of January 2006 09:15:30 AM
Old 01-04-2006
i saw those things but i am waiting for some more replies..

and i like to know about moderators some more.. like whether they worked for some unix flavors or their papers presented..like that...

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Moderators area?

. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Driver
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

admins and moderators..

hi admins and moderators, thread :https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=20620 my first thread in the forum.. i thought of some other answer. i like to tell you to delete that thread.. or tell anyother answer.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sekar sundaram
1 Replies
MODERATORS(5)							File Formats Manual						     MODERATORS(5)

NAME
moderators - mail addresses for moderated Usenet newsgroups DESCRIPTION
The GetModeratorAddress(3) routine reads the file /etc/news/moderators to determine how to reach the moderator of a newsgroup. This is used by inews(1) when an unapproved local posting is made to a moderated newsgroup. The file is read until a match is found. Blank lines and lines starting with a number sign (``#'') are ignored. All other lines should consist of two fields separated by a colon. The first field is a wildmat(3)-style pattern. If it matches the name of the newsgroup, then the second field is taken to be a format string for sprintf(3). This string should have at most one %s parameter, which will be given the name of the newsgroup with periods transliterated to dashes. Here is a sample file: foo.important:announce-request@foo.com foo.*:%s@mailer.foo.com gnu.*:%s@prep.ai.mit.edu *:%s@uunet.uu.net Using the above file, postings to the moderated newsgroup in the left column will be sent to the address shown in the right column: foo.important announce-request@foo.com foo.x.announce foo-x-announce@mailer.foo.com gnu.emacs.sources gnu-emacs-sources@prep.ai.mit.edu comp.sources.unix comp-sources-unix@uunet.uu.net HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.15, dated 1996/09/06. SEE ALSO
inews(1), inn.conf(5), libinn(3), wildmat(3). MODERATORS(5)