Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to read and write device registers Post 94807 by sriram.ec on Wednesday 4th of January 2006 05:11:10 AM
Old 01-04-2006
Bug how to read and write device registers

hello friends,
While in the process of writing device drivers,
i am facing problem in reading and writing device registers.I got base address of those mapped device registers. Can i add offset of those registers to that Base address to get access of those registers or do i have to use readl or writel sort of apis.
thanks in advance
sriram

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to read or write device files

hi everybody, i am working in device drivers.As a beginner to this field ,i dont know how to read or write device files. Will copy_to_user and copy_from_user help me? I have created a device file using mknod command .Can anybody help me in this regard :confused thanks in advance sriram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat: write error: No space left on device

I am trying to create new files under my directory...but i getting the following message... cat: write error: No space left on device How do we handle this error. I am not getting this error when I login as the super user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

4. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies

5. Hardware

how to write data into a device file?

Hi, I am working in device drivers. I am new to device drivers. i have invoked chardev.c. the driver is insmoded. now i want to write something into this and i want to look what i have written. but i don't know how to write and see. please help me (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: boidi
0 Replies

6. Debian

Write permission for USB device

Hello, I need to run an application in wine that requires write permission to a USB device. Wine users must not have root privileges. On FreeBSD this could be accomplished by adding the user to the wheel group but I am using Debian 6.0. From looking at the passwd file it is not obvious what... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: snorkack59
6 Replies

7. Solaris

visudo: write error: No space left on device

Hi All, This is Sandeep Gupta, I am facing a problem with sudo command. Whenever i am executing the command "visudo" i am getting the error "visudo: write error: No space left on device". but i have checked on my Solaris Box everything is ok, i have enough free space on my box, and also... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeepgupta
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write to 1 failed [No space left on device]

I am getting error in a shell script having a simple date command. Error is " write to 1 failed ". We saw that /tmp folder was 100% full. When we cleared some space in /tmp folder then script worked fine. Why does date command(or any other command) require space in /tmp folder? Which settings... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahish20
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sed: couldn't write 1378 items to stdout: No space left on device

Hi , In file first line start with "",when trying to remove using sed i am getting the below error .Please advise sed -e 's///g' -e 's/$]//g' segment1.txt >>segment_m1 sed: couldn't write 1378 items to stdout: No space left on device Thanks, Mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan705
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Write to 1 failed [No space left on device] Error

Running a installation on Solaris 11 and getting error write to 1 failed If anyone can advise ? ORIGINAL_PATH="${PATH}" # prepend /usr/xpg4/bin to PATH as needed temporaryPath=`expr "${PATH}:" : '\(/usr/xpg4/bin:\)'` if then PATH="/usr/xpg4/bin:${PATH}" seem to have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mpumi
6 Replies
PCITWEAK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PCITWEAK(1)

NAME
pcitweak - read/write PCI config space SYNOPSIS
pcitweak -l pcitweak -r PCI-ID [-b|-h] offset pcitweak -w PCI-ID [-b|-h] offset value DESCRIPTION
Pcitweak is a utility that can be used to examine or change registers in the PCI configuration space. On most platforms pcitweak can only be run by the root user. OPTIONS
-l Probe the PCI buses and print a line for each detected device. Each line contains the bus location (bus:device:function), chip vendor/device, card (subsystem) vendor/card, revision, class and header type. All values printed are in hexadecimal. -r PCI-ID Read the PCI configuration space register at offset for the PCI device at bus location PCI-ID. PCI-ID should be given in the form bus:device:function, with each value in hexadecimal. By default, a 32-bit register is read. -w PCI-ID Write value to the PCI configuration space register at offset for the PCI device at bus location PCI-ID. PCI-ID should be given in the form bus:device:function, with each value in hexadecimal. By default, a 32-bit register is written. -b Read or write an 8-bit value (byte). -h Read or write a 16-bit value (halfword). SEE ALSO
scanpci(1) AUTHORS
David Dawes (dawes@xfree86.org). XFree86 Version 4.7.0 PCITWEAK(1)