Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Shell script on Oracle hot backup got an error Post 94719 by oradbus on Tuesday 3rd of January 2006 09:54:28 AM
Old 01-03-2006
Shell script on Oracle hot backup got an error

Hi Unix Shell Script Expert,

We have a robust shell script (from old time) for our 9i database hot backup but generated error:

Shell Script Content:
#check for auto log mode and redirect as early as possible
#
autolog_enable $AUTOLOG_MODE $ORACLE_BASE/${ORASID_LOW}log/cron_hotbackup.log $*

Error:
/app//prod/hotback.ksh[20]: autolog_enable: not found.

Any idea what seems wrong?

Many thanks for your help!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with oracle backup script

I have written a script to perfrom a cold backup on an oracle database. The script is failing everytime. Can anyone tell me what (stupid) error I am making. The output from the uname command follows Linux rayora 2.2.14-6.1.1smp #1 SMP Thu Apr 13 19:55:55 EDT 2000 i686 unknown The error... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beilstwh
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle hot backup script issue

Hi, I have a script which we use to take hot backup of oracle database.It connects to database and saves all database related activities in a spool file.Then the spool file is run for taking hot backup. But at one stage it is giving an error. Please find my hot backup script as below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
2 Replies

3. Programming

Host command NOT getting executed in Hot backup script.

Hi All, i have problem in the following Sql Script. problem is : HOST (!) command is not getting executed.pls de-bugg this HoTBackup Script...... Most urgent...! Thank You very Much !! SQL> set serveroutput on SQL> set trimspool on SQL> set line 500 SQL> set head off SQL> set feed off... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: user__user3110
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed in Oracle DB backup script.

I have a script like this .. #!/bin/ksh database=$(echo $@ | sed 's/.*-S \(*\).*/\1/') instance=$(grep "$database" /var/opt/oracle/oratab | awk -F : '{print $1}') command=$(echo $@ | sed 's/"$database"/"$instance"/') echo $command when I tried to execute the script like this ... ksh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script

Hi, I am a linux newbie and I dont have any knowledge on scripting but this is my urgent requirement. I am suppose to write a backup script for 2 of my servers, could someone help me out please. below is my requirement Mail Server 1 : 10.0.0.1 Mail Server 2 : 10.0.0.2 Backup Server... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harry289
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

hot-add disk in oracle enterprise linux 5.5

Hi all, I have an Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.5 server which is a virtual guest on a vSphere host. I have provisioned 500GB disk space from SAN. I then migrated the VM from a 200GB disk onto the new 500GB disk. I then increased the disk space allocated to the VMware to the maximum size of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tommyk
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trap Oracle error in shell script

sqlplus -s usrname/password@dbSID <<-SQL >> logfile @create_table.sql commit; quit; SQL I am running this script to execute an sql file. I want to display the oracle error if anything found during execution of the sql file and exit from script. Please suggest How do it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need perl script on cold backup in Oracle 10 g

Hi , I am new to Perl script.Can u please provide me perl scripts for the following: 1. Perl script on Cold backup in Oracle 10g 2.Perl script on Hot backup in Oracle 10g (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Niharika Srivas
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell SYNOPSIS
use CPANPLUS::Shell; # load the shell indicated by your # config -- defaults to # CPANPLUS::Shell::Default use CPANPLUS::Shell qw[Classic] # load CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic; my $ui = CPANPLUS::Shell->new(); my $name = $ui->which; # Find out what shell you loaded $ui->shell; # run the ui shell DESCRIPTION
This module is the generic loading (and base class) for all "CPANPLUS" shells. Through this module you can load any installed "CPANPLUS" shell. Just about all the functionality is provided by the shell that you have loaded, and not by this class (which merely functions as a generic loading class), so please consult the documentation of your shell of choice. BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell::Classic, cpanp perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 CPANPLUS::Shell(3pm)