Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hardrive
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers hardrive Post 9461 by ghost on Saturday 27th of October 2001 09:32:38 AM
Old 10-27-2001
harddrive

Hi

Well, take a look at the cylinders.
u have 77545 cylinders and each cylinder
is of size (1008 * 512) = 516096 bytes,
hence, 516096*77545 = 40,020,664,320 bytes

so there is your 40 GB.

/*ghost*/

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Replacing hardrive on solaris

I have a problem with my Solaris box in my office, the storage capacity reach 95%. For that i need to think a way to replace the hard drive with the bigger one as all the slot was used. Do any of you guys have similar experience with me, please give any enlightment! Thanks a lot guys. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockie
3 Replies

2. Solaris

External Hardrive add on's

Does anyone know if and or how you can add external hardrives to Sun Solaris 9 or greater systems. Needing to add two additional dedicated storage drives for large image files and mount these drives to the system. Will also need to mirror these two drives for redundancy. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazzy
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Partitioning a new Hardrive

What is the command to partition a completely new hard drive using red hat linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blend
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Hardrive Spliter.

I am running Linux - Debian on my harddrive at present and i want to split the remainder of my hardrive into another portion so that i can install windows on it. What is the best way to go about this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: syco__
5 Replies
disksup(3erl)						     Erlang Module Definition						     disksup(3erl)

NAME
disksup - A Disk Supervisor Process DESCRIPTION
disksup is a process which supervises the available disk space in the system. It is part of the OS_Mon application, see os_mon(7) . Avail- able for Unix and Windows. Periodically checks the disks. For each disk or partition which uses more than a certain amount of the available space, the alarm {{disk_almost_full, MountedOn}, []} is set. On Unix : All (locally) mounted disks are checked, including the swap disk if it is present. On WIN32 : All logical drives of type "FIXED_DISK" are checked. Alarms are reported to the SASL alarm handler, see alarm_handler(3erl) . To set an alarm, alarm_handler:set_alarm(Alarm) is called where Alarm is the alarm specified above. The alarms are cleared automatically when the alarm cause is no longer valid. CONFIGURATION
The following configuration parameters can be used to change the default values for time interval and threshold: disk_space_check_interval = int()>0 : The time interval, in minutes, for the periodic disk space check. The default is 30 minutes. disk_almost_full_threshold = float() : The threshold, as percentage of total disk space, for how much disk can be utilized before the disk_almost_full alarm is set. The default is 0.80 (80%). See config(5) for information about how to change the value of configuration parameters. EXPORTS
get_disk_data() -> [DiskData] Types DiskData = {Id, KByte, Capacity} Id = string() KByte = int() Capacity = int() Returns the result of the latest disk check. Id is a string that identifies the disk or partition. KByte is the total size of the disk or partition in kbytes. Capacity is the percentage of disk space used. The function is asynchronous in the sense that it does not invoke a disk check, but returns the latest available value. Returns [{"none",0,0}] if disksup is not available. get_check_interval() -> MS Types MS = int() Returns the time interval, in milliseconds, for the periodic disk space check. set_check_interval(Minutes) -> ok Types Minutes = int()>=1 Changes the time interval, given in minutes, for the periodic disk space check. The change will take effect after the next disk space check and is non-persist. That is, in case of a process restart, this value is forgotten and the default value will be used. See Configuration above. get_almost_full_threshold() -> Percent Types Percent = int() Returns the threshold, in percent, for disk space utilization. set_almost_full_threshold(Float) -> ok Types Float = float(), 0=<Float=<1 Changes the threshold, given as a float, for disk space utilization. The change will take effect during the next disk space check and is non-persist. That is, in case of a process restart, this value is forgotten and the default value will be used. See Configuration above. SEE ALSO
alarm_handler(3erl) , os_mon(3erl) Ericsson AB os_mon 2.2.5 disksup(3erl)