Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE ERRPT in aix , replacement in suse linux? Post 94342 by scotbuff on Thursday 29th of December 2005 02:38:11 PM
Old 12-29-2005
Nope

There is no exact replacement. You will need to view the error log as the other user states.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errpt on aix entry.

hi, i have an entry in errpt on aix... any help? --------------------------------------------------------------------------- LABEL: AMQFFST3 IDENTIFIER: 8FED25B9 Date/Time: Fri Nov 15 07:20:05 Sequence Number: 2715 Machine Id: 000694DF4C00 Node Id: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

2. AIX

Help required in analyzing errpt in aix 5.3

I have received errpt like this.Any help will be highly appreciated.Recently my application has been migrated to aix 5.3 and working fine in aix 5.2 with out crashes. LABEL: CORE_DUMP IDENTIFIER: C69F5C9B Date/Time: Thu Apr 23 09:41:29 EDT 2009 Sequence Number: 948... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittu1979
3 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

errpt in AIX

The below is my code in general according to AIX books To display a detailed report of all errors logged in the past 24 hours, enter: errpt -a -s mmddhhmmyy where the mmddhhmmyy string equals the current month, day, hour, minute, and year, minus 24 hours. I have tried the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
2 Replies

4. AIX

errpt kept sending errors after disk replacement

Hi, The system is a Power6 8204 with an external storage 7031. OS is AIX 5.3. I replaced a failed disk hdisk28 and put it back to the volume group. Everything looks just fine. After the replacement, errpt has kept sending "Perm DISK OPERATION ERROR". Other than the error, everything still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX errpt

Hi, just a short question: Is a error label always equal to a error identifier? So it does not matter if i search for an specific identifier (errpt -j) or a specific label (errpt -J)? Regards Ron (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: -=XrAy=-
5 Replies
xfs_logprint(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   xfs_logprint(8)

NAME
xfs_logprint - print the log of an XFS filesystem SYNOPSIS
xfs_logprint [ options ] device DESCRIPTION
xfs_logprint prints the log of an XFS filesystem (see xfs(5)). The device argument is the pathname of the partition or logical volume con- taining the filesystem. The device can be a regular file if the -f option is used. The contents of the filesystem remain undisturbed. There are two major modes of operation in xfs_logprint. One mode is better for filesystem operation debugging. It is called the transactional view and is enabled through the -t option. The transactional view prints only the portion of the log that pertains to recovery. In other words, it prints out complete transactions between the tail and the head. This view tries to display each transaction without regard to how they are split across log records. The second mode starts printing out information from the beginning of the log. Some error blocks might print out in the beginning because the last log record usually overlaps the oldest log record. A message is printed when the physical end of the log is reached and when the logical end of the log is reached. A log record view is displayed one record at a time. Transactions that span log records may not be decoded fully. OPTIONS
-b Extract and print buffer information. Only used in transactional view. -c Attempt to continue when an error is detected. -C filename Copy the log from the filesystem to the file filename. The log itself is not printed. -d Dump the log from front to end, printing where each log record is located on disk. -D Do not decode anything; just print data. -e Exit when an error is found in the log. Normally, xfs_logprint tries to continue and unwind from bad logs. However, sometimes it just dies in bad ways. Using this option prevents core dumps. -f Specifies that the filesystem image to be processed is stored in a regular file at device (see the mkfs.xfs(8) -d file option). This might happen if an image copy of a filesystem has been made into an ordinary file with xfs_copy(8). -l logdev External log device. Only for those filesystems which use an external log. -i Extract and print inode information. Only used in transactional view. -q Extract and print quota information. Only used in transactional view. -n Do not try and interpret log data; just interpret log header information. -o Also print buffer data in hex. Normally, buffer data is just decoded, so better information can be printed. -s start-block Override any notion of where to start printing. -t Print out the transactional view. SEE ALSO
mkfs.xfs(8), mount(8). xfs_logprint(8)