Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Start Stop Apache
Operating Systems AIX Start Stop Apache Post 94151 by zazzybob on Tuesday 27th of December 2005 04:40:05 PM
Old 12-27-2005
Or just

apachectl restart

if your apachectl supports it

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Start/Stop Script

I'm a newbie to the Unix world Help! I have to maintain a host of Sybase database servers sitting on Unix Sun Solaris 8...I've been tasked with finding/creating a way to auto start/stop Unix via unix commands, specifically when the Unix servers need to be restarted we want Sybase to start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjv1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop/Start proftpd

Hi everyone, I was wondering how to configure ftp access for one user when I found this board. After some searches I found my infos around proftpd (and the great config file proftpd.conf who answered to all my dreams...) but now I only need to stop proftpd and restart it (I guess it is needed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lomic
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

ypbind start/stop

Hi, How to start or stop ypbind on HP-UX machine. Searched a little but could not find. thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jredx
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start Stop Restart

I'm wondering how I should make a script that can start, stop, and restart another script. What I need to be able to do, is start and stop a perl script from the command line. The easiest way of doing this seems to be to have another script, starting and stopping the other script. I have BASH,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bakes
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Servers Stop and Start

Hi, Every time i want to stop and start servers using PuTTY,i have to execute 6 to 10 commands every time ,i need shell script(program) for execute those commands in single command.Is it possible plz suggest me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RG18173
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Servers Start and Stop

HI I am using below code to start and stop servers but it is not working ,how to run the script please suggest me ,if any errors in the script please let me know. #!/bin/bash IMS_START="/Webserver/AppServer/bin/startServer.sh" IMS_STOP="/Webserver/AppServer/bin/stopServer.sh" case "$1" in ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RG18173
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Stop apache

Hello all. I have a Solaris 10 box and I want to install a later version of Apache than what ships with the OS. Before I install the later version, I want to completely stop the current version of Apache (the httpd service) from running or from starting at boot time. What is the best way to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
3 Replies

8. Solaris

How to start/stop processes

Please anyone tell me In my last interview the HR asks me how to monitor, start,stop & kill the various processes and subprocesses. Please anyone explain me clearly. It's my personal request (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suneelieg
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Stop/Start vs. Restart

Is there any functional difference between: issuing separate stop/start commands like this; super (handler) (instance) stop super (handler) (instance) start versus issuing a single recycle command like this; super (handler) (instance) restart (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newbix
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

factor [start[stop]

Another question for you guys! This is so fun. So I am playing around with the factor operation. I read in "man factor" that you can actually print a list of primes in between a range, using the syntax factor ] However, every time I enter two values, it just returns the factored value.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: statichazard
1 Replies
DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)

NAME
DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache - capture DBI profiling data from Apache/mod_perl SYNOPSIS
Add this line to your httpd.conf: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache Then restart your server. Access the code you wish to test using a web browser, then shutdown your server. This will create a set of dbi.prof.* files in your Apache log directory. Get a profiling report with dbiprof: dbiprof /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* When you're ready to perform another profiling run, delete the old files rm /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* and start again. DESCRIPTION
This module interfaces DBI::ProfileDumper to Apache/mod_perl. Using this module you can collect profiling data from mod_perl applications. It works by creating a DBI::ProfileDumper data file for each Apache process. These files are created in your Apache log directory. You can then use dbiprof to analyze the profile files. USAGE
LOADING THE MODULE The easiest way to use this module is just to set the DBI_PROFILE environment variable in your httpd.conf: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache If you want to use one of DBI::Profile's other Path settings, you can use a string like: PerlSetEnv DBI_PROFILE 2/DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache It's also possible to use this module by setting the Profile attribute of any DBI handle: $dbh->{Profile} = "DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache"; See DBI::ProfileDumper for more possibilities. GATHERING PROFILE DATA Once you have the module loaded, use your application as you normally would. Stop the webserver when your tests are complete. Profile data files will be produced when Apache exits and you'll see something like this in your error_log: DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache writing to /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.2619 Now you can use dbiprof to examine the data: dbiprof /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* By passing dbiprof a list of all generated files, dbiprof will automatically merge them into one result set. You can also pass dbiprof sorting and querying options, see dbiprof for details. CLEANING UP Once you've made some code changes, you're ready to start again. First, delete the old profile data files: rm /usr/local/apache/logs/dbi.prof.* Then restart your server and get back to work. MEMORY USAGE
DBI::Profile can use a lot of memory for very active applications. It collects profiling data in memory for each distinct query your application runs. You can avoid this problem with a call like this: $dbh->{Profile}->flush_to_disk() if $dbh->{Profile}; Calling "flush_to_disk()" will clear out the profile data and write it to disk. Put this someplace where it will run on every request, like a CleanupHandler, and your memory troubles should go away. Well, at least the ones caused by DBI::Profile anyway. AUTHOR
Sam Tregar <sam@tregar.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2002 Sam Tregar This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5 itself. perl v5.8.0 2002-11-29 DBI::ProfileDumper::Apache(3)