Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sun V880
Operating Systems Solaris Sun V880 Post 93881 by golden on Friday 23rd of December 2005 01:49:10 AM
Old 12-23-2005
CPU usage always at 50%

I run a process on SUN V880 and no other user process,
Why the CPU usage always at 50% for the process ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun V880 Solaris 9

notes: System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun Fire 880 System clock frequency: 150 MHz Memory size: 8192 Megabytes Run E$ CPU CPU Brd CPU MHz MB Impl. Mask --- --- ---- ---- ------- ---- A 0 750 8.0 US-III 5.4 B 1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

2. Solaris

How to configure my SAN with Sun V880 servers to run Oracle 9i

Hi: I am in the process of configuring the SAN for Solaris to host 6 oracle 9i databases. We have 30 -146 GB disks stiped with RAID 10 for SAN. Of which 11 are dedicated for databsaes related things. Then we have 2 v880 Sun Servers with 16 -73 GB disks and 24 GB memory. The questions... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oracle_dba
1 Replies

3. Solaris

CPU upgradation on V880

We have 4 CPU in V880 server. we need to upgrade by one or two CPUs . Is it possible on 5 or 6 CPU on V880 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk2oo5
3 Replies

4. Solaris

KVM for V880's

We have 3 V880's and we need to purchase a KVM for them. I've never purchased one before. Does anyone have a recommendation for one? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun v440/v880 network adapter teaming

Is it possible to team two network adapters for fault tolerance in a Sun v440 or v880 Solaris 8 box? If so how would I go about doing so? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghuber
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to telnet from win xp to sun fire v880 server

Hi everybody i am trying to telnet to sun server from win xp machine but getting message "x21 error connection closed by remote user". i had make changes in /etc/default/login & /etc/fuser file still i have not getting telnet access. my win xp machines ip is 10.205.121.177 & sun server ip is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pshelke
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Host ID of v880

Hello All, I am not a sun expert, but in my network administration job I had to deal with SUN servers. We've to replace a faulty motherboard of SF V880. As per my understanding, host id of machines is programmed in PROM. So will host ID be changed with the replacement of V880 motherboard?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Charagh
6 Replies

8. Solaris

install solaris on v880

Hi everyone, i am totally new to unix i just purchase a sun v880, 16gb ram/8x900 cpu/6 73 gb hd. i want to learn unix/linux i have solaris 10 os instal, i turn on the system it finish check everything and right now i am at {7} ok, what do i do from there. any help would be a blessing from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Benv880
2 Replies

9. Hardware

Help needed for non-SUN-HDD (original Seagate) in V880

Hello, we have a hardware error on a 36GB HDD within a SunFire V880. Disk seems to be really dead, cause changing the slot of the disk, moves the error along. So we bought a similar, but original) Seagte-Disk (on ebay) and screwed it in the HDD-Cage. Disk is now known in format, but is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: etomer_sk
5 Replies

10. Hardware

Sunfire V880

Hi Does someone have the latest firmware for a sunfire v880 I have a problem with the FC-AL disk i guess i need to upgrade the firmware but i dont have a support with oracle and i can't find it anywhere thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplextibi
4 Replies
BOOTCHARTD(1)						      General Commands Manual						     BOOTCHARTD(1)

NAME
bootchartd - collects process information, CPU statistics and disk usage statistics SYNOPSIS
bootchartd [start|stop] [bootchart_init=INIT] DESCRIPTION
bootchartd collects process information, CPU statistics and disk usage statistics from the /proc/ file system. The accumulated log file may later be visualized using bootchart(1). bootchartd is commonly used to profile the boot process for the purpose of speeding it up. In this case, it is started by the kernel as the init process. This is configured by adding the init=/sbin/bootchartd option to the kernel command line -- either interactively or by editing the bootloader's configuration file. Please refer to the documentation of your bootloader for details (e.g. lilo, grub or yaboot). After bootchartd is initialized during the boot process, it will start the default init process (/sbin/init) to proceed with the regular bootup. If, however, an alternative init process is used (e.g. (/sbin/initng), that process may be specified using the bootchart_init=INIT kernel command line parameter. Another possibility for using bootchartd is monitoring the resource usage of a specific application or the running system in general. In this case, bootchartd is started interactively by running bootchartd start and stopped using bootchartd stop. FILES
/var/log/bootchartd.tgz default output file /etc/bootchartd.conf default configuration file SEE ALSO
bootchart(1), bootchartd.conf(5) AUTHOR
bootchart was written by Ziga Mahkovec <ziga.mahkovec@klika.si>. This manual page was written by Jorg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). 2006-03-05 BOOTCHARTD(1)