Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: E-mail problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers E-mail problem Post 9382 by guest100 on Friday 26th of October 2001 05:10:23 AM
Old 10-26-2001
here we have:

<pre>

$netstat -a |grep smtp
*.smtp *.* 0 0 0 0 LISTEN

</pre>

the smtp server process looks like it is there and running but I can not receive mail from the outside world or locally. I can though send email fine.Does the newaliases outcome I gave above help at all?

Thanks alot Neo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with mail

what I have to write in a shell that every time that it arrives a new e-mail has to perform a program taking some data from the e-mail. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmistero
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mail problem !!

Hi, Below a try to send an email to a local user can be seen. I can NOT send e-mail anywhere, but I receive email perfectly. <pre> isgsi01(root)10: mail aris < /home/aris/mail2send dbm map "Alias0": unsafe map file /etc/mail/aliases: No such file or directory </pre> ..... but the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with mail.

Hello! I have two servers with Solaris 2.7 I send mail from first to second. The first is also dns. It's known as "ns.oldb.pkb", second is "dev.pkb". Ping works successful from 1 to 2 and vice verse. But when I am trying on first server : sendmail -v user@dev.pkb < /etc/motd it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Colf
3 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

mail problem

i have mac os x 2.2 jaguar and Mail wont open any links? When i click on them it just does nothing. does anybody know why/how to fix it? please help me.. thanks, blip (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blip
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem

if ping $1 3 then { sleep 1 echo "HELO domain.co.uk" sleep 1 echo "MAIL FROM: mark@domain.co.uk" sleep 1 echo "RCPT TO: markms@domain.co.uk" sleep 1 echo "DATA" echo "This is a test from a file." echo "." echo "quit" } | telnet $1 25 else echo problem fi The above is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markms
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with Mail !

I have a o/p file called a1.txt from a script. I m mailing this file but the problem is that in the mail the format is comming different. Contents of a1.txt ------------------------------------ Meter 090845086LG is now Made AMR Active Meter 090845088LG is now Made AMR Active Meter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail problem

hi folks , i am working in UNIX . i was wondered when i gone through below lines in some scripts. Can anyone describe me how this is working . thanks in advance.. /usr/sbin/sendmail -t < $0.email /usr/bin/mailx -s "$EDI_HOST: Report....@ `date`" GROUP_ALERT <<EOF `cat $0.email`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhaprakasam
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Mail Problem. Maybe, it is a DNS Problem!

Hi, i've a redhat linux 9 upadated by redhat from 7 version to 9 version. A couple of days ago i was a problem with my mail, in other words i'm not able to get any email nor to send any email. I've a proxy configuration and i tried to set iptables in order to verify the port. The 110,255 and 995... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pintalgi
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP UX mail problem

I am uxing HP UX mailx, I want to send mail with: 1) to list 2) cc list 3) sender address 4) mail body 5) subject 6) attachment I am using : (cat cc_list; cat mail_body; ux2dos file_1 | uuencode attachment.txt)|mailx -m -s "subject" -r sender@abc.com recepient@abc.com cc_list... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautamadak
2 Replies
mhmail(1mh)															       mhmail(1mh)

Name
       mhmail - send or read mail

Syntax
       mhmail [ addrs ...  ] [ options ]

Description
       The program is intended as a replacement for the standard mail programs, and See and for more details of these mail programs.  When invoked
       without arguments, it simply invokes to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop.  When one or more users is specified, a  message
       is  read  from  the  standard  input  and spooled to a temporary file.  then invokes with the name of the temporary file as its argument to
       deliver the message to the specified user.

Normally, people will use and to send messages.

Options
       -body text
		 Specifies the text of the message.  If it is specified, then the standard input is not read.

-cc addrs Specifies addresses to be placed in the cc: field of the message.

-from addr
		 Specifies the content of the From: header of the draft.  The address given is placed in the From:  field  of  the  message.   The
		 Sender: field is filled in correctly by

-help	 Prints a list of the valid options for this command.

-mts smtp Specifies  the  mail  system  over which mail is sent.  The only value allowed is smtp, which is the standard ULTRIX mail system.
		 Additional values are supported only for use with other mail systems.

-subject text
		 Provides the text of the Subject: field of the message.

Restrictions
       Messages with a null body part will not be sent by You must include some body text in all messages to be sent by

For this version, the -mts option only supports the value smtp.	Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems.

Files
       Program to incorporate a maildrop into a folder.

Program to deliver a message.

Temporary copy of message.

See Also
       inc(1mh), post(8mh)

mhmail(1mh)