Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sed problem Post 93756 by vino on Thursday 22nd of December 2005 12:15:28 AM
Old 12-22-2005
If you want to carry out all operations in one sed command, it could become not so easy.

But the last sed command that was provided, sure works

Code:
[/tmp]$ cat file
*%EFILocal [invisible_yes:\x82\xcd\x82\xa2]^M
*%EFILocal [invisible_no:\x82\xa2\x82\xa2\x82\xa6]^M
*%EFILocal [has disk raster?_yes:\x82\xcd\x82\xa2]^M
*%EFILocal [has disk raster?_no:\x82\xa2\x82\xa2\x82\xa6]^M
[/tmp]$ sed -e 's_\\_\\\\_g' file
*%EFILocal [invisible_yes:\\x82\\xcd\\x82\\xa2]^M
*%EFILocal [invisible_no:\\x82\\xa2\\x82\\xa2\\x82\\xa6]^M
*%EFILocal [has disk raster?_yes:\\x82\\xcd\\x82\\xa2]^M
*%EFILocal [has disk raster?_no:\\x82\\xa2\\x82\\xa2\\x82\\xa6]^M
[/tmp]$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed Problem

I AM TRYING TO APPEND THE HOSTNAME OF A UNIX SERVER I WORK WITH SO I COULD DO A LOADING INTO A DATABASE. THE COMMAND I AM USING IS df -k | sed 's/^/dataserver /' What I intend to do is append the hostname dynamically by using the hostname command instead of having to manually enter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chelsea
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with sed

Hi , echo "07/05/2008" | sed 's/\(..\)\/\(..\)\/\(..\)/\3\2\1/' Output :: 20050708 Expected output is 20080507 Iam not getting the bug in this. Thanks for the help -- penchal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchal_boddu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with SED

Hi, I have to use SED to remove the prefix "219-" from a text file containing phone numbers and I have to remove the ":" as well. I write the following code but it does not seem to work. Can someone help me please? mohit@mohit-desktop:~$ sed -n s/219-/" "/p corp_phones_bak > noprefix1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sed.

Hi All! I am trying to use shell variables in a sed statement, but facing an error.I used the double quotes instead if single quotes in the sed statement. # sed -i -e "s/password/$decoded/g;" $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml sed: -e expression #1, char 11: unterminated `s' command # ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Problem

I have a file which contain many lines see below. "/var/www/abc>" I want to remove Both of these values "" and > (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - Problem

I have a file with a lot of numbers in it and I need to clean it up and make it look nice and proper. I found this little gem of a one-liner and basically understand what it is doing but I would like to further understand what each part of the command is doing. Being a newb, I am just trying to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genedc1
2 Replies

7. Programming

sed problem

Hi all In input file I have records like this: 0,1,0,87,0,0,"6,87","170,03",0,"43,5",0,0,0,0,"6,87","126,53"and in output file I need that these records transforms in : 0 1 0 87 0 0 6,87 170,03 0 43,5 0 0 0 0 6,87 126,53 Could you help me in this case? Please (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shizik
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problem

Hi i am stuck with a very silly problem :mad: below is my code echo 201010_1212_121.xml i need to replace xml with csv so i did echo 201010_1212_121.xml | sed 's/.*\.xml/.*\.csv/' echo 201010_1212_121.xml | sed 's/*.xml/*.csv/' echo 201010_1212_121.xml |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed problem

Hi Folks, I want to replace these numbers with words as the following: $echo 1 11 223 I want to replace each number with it name (e.g. "1" replaced with "one", etc.) just to determine how sed works in such case. Thanks in advance:). Leo (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies
GLBITMAP(3G)															      GLBITMAP(3G)

NAME
glBitmap - draw a bitmap C SPECIFICATION
void glBitmap( GLsizei width, GLsizei height, GLfloat xorig, GLfloat yorig, GLfloat xmove, GLfloat ymove, const GLubyte *bitmap ) PARAMETERS
width, height Specify the pixel width and height of the bitmap image. xorig, yorig Specify the location of the origin in the bitmap image. The origin is measured from the lower left corner of the bitmap, with right and up being the positive axes. xmove, ymove Specify the x and y offsets to be added to the current raster position after the bitmap is drawn. bitmap Specifies the address of the bitmap image. DESCRIPTION
A bitmap is a binary image. When drawn, the bitmap is positioned relative to the current raster position, and frame buffer pixels corre- sponding to 1's in the bitmap are written using the current raster color or index. Frame buffer pixels corresponding to 0's in the bitmap are not modified. glBitmap takes seven arguments. The first pair specifies the width and height of the bitmap image. The second pair specifies the location of the bitmap origin relative to the lower left corner of the bitmap image. The third pair of arguments specifies x and y offsets to be added to the current raster position after the bitmap has been drawn. The final argument is a pointer to the bitmap image itself. The bitmap image is interpreted like image data for the glDrawPixels command, with width and height corresponding to the width and height arguments of that command, and with type set to GL_BITMAP and format set to GL_COLOR_INDEX. Modes specified using glPixelStore affect the interpretation of bitmap image data; modes specified using glPixelTransfer do not. If the current raster position is invalid, glBitmap is ignored. Otherwise, the lower left corner of the bitmap image is positioned at the window coordinates xw=|_xr-xo_| yw=|_yr-yo_| where (xr,yr) is the raster position and (xo,yo) is the bitmap origin. Fragments are then generated for each pixel corresponding to a 1 (one) in the bitmap image. These fragments are generated using the current raster z coordinate, color or color index, and current raster texture coordinates. They are then treated just as if they had been generated by a point, line, or polygon, including texture mapping, fogging, and all per-fragment operations such as alpha and depth testing. After the bitmap has been drawn, the x and y coordinates of the current raster position are offset by xmove and ymove. No change is made to the z coordinate of the current raster position, or to the current raster color, texture coordinates, or index. NOTES
To set a valid raster position outside the viewport, first set a valid raster position inside the viewport, then call glBitmap with NULL as the bitmap parameter and with xmove and ymove set to the offsets of the new raster position. This technique is useful when panning an image around the viewport. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if width or height is negative. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glBitmap is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION glGet with argument GL_CURRENT_RASTER_COLOR glGet with argument GL_CURRENT_RASTER_DISTANCE glGet with argument GL_CURRENT_RASTER_INDEX glGet with argument GL_CURRENT_RASTER_TEXTURE_COORDS glGet with argument GL_CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION_VALID SEE ALSO
glDrawPixels(3G), glPixelStore(3G), glPixelTransfer(3G), glRasterPos(3G) GLBITMAP(3G)