Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RAID 1 + 0 with LVM
Operating Systems Solaris RAID 1 + 0 with LVM Post 93686 by aribault on Wednesday 21st of December 2005 10:55:42 AM
Old 12-21-2005
Hi Pressy,
Thanks for your answer which is very clear as usual.
Just a precision : the solution I wanted to take for RAID 1+0 has been given by SUN support !! Problem ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

raid 5 using solaris 9 LVM

if i want to create a raid 5 device on 3 disks I have, can I make multiple metadevices? all the example i see on the internet make use of the slice 2 placing the entire disk into the raid5 device. what if i make 3 identical slices on each disk, and make 3 raid 5 metadevices? will that work? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is there a tutorial on how to create RAID 1 on top of lvm?

Hi, there are tons of RAID1 tutorials, but none of them deal with lvm. The problem is that I want to expand my current lvm partition over RAID1 rather than creating a new lvm partition after RAID1 is created. My master harddrive has lvm partition. I'm wondering how to create a RAID1 image of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onthetopo
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Partition management: lvm? fdisk? parted? (on RAID)

Hello, I have a RHEL system with two 500GB hard drives in RAID 1 (I think hardware, but not 100% certain - any way to tell?). It looks like it was just set up in default configuration with a small boot partition and one huge partition for the rest, which composes a LVM volume. I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: builder88
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris LVM Raid 0+1

Hi, I tried to setup a Riad 0+1 but I found no step by step manual to follow so I tried on my own ;) I'd already configured a mirror for the OS on my Solaris machines so I had an idea where to start. I have 9 drives in the server. 1. I configured the first two as a mirror for the OS. 2. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RoiDanton
1 Replies

6. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies

9. Linux

Centos 7.2 Convert single LVM to RAID Mirror Reinstall BootLoader

Hello, I am trying to convert a single-drive Centos 7.2 installation with LVM into a two-disk mdadm mirror with mrrored LVM. I was able to follow the excellent instructions at: http://www.dgoradia.com/creating-a-raid1-mirrored-on-an-existing-centos-on-lvm/and did create a two-disk mirror... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
1 Replies