Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Cisco Router command to get hostname Post 93617 by linuxpenguin on Tuesday 20th of December 2005 05:13:57 PM
Old 12-20-2005
Hi Rahul,
I dunno what a cisco router is but in general on unix systems, to find the ipaddress or machine details the command used is nslookup <hostname>
Hope this helps

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl telnet to cisco router and compare the ping ms

All Please help, i will telnet to router to obain the ping status and compare, if higher than normal latency, i will have further action.. if i do the telent and in perl script then .... e.g the result i obtain from the router will be =' Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: optimus
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

Linux behind a cisco router

Dear All, I have worked with xDSL routers working in bridged mode, and linux behind them working as a Firewall utilizing IPTABLES. My question is, how this will change if the xDSL router is replaced with a Cisco Router? I mean to ask that, can I assign a public ip on the linux machine, which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmm
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Setup Dial In VPN on Cisco Router

Hello, Does anyone know where I can find configuration information on setting up a dial in VPN on Cicso IOS for a bunch of servers. Could not seem to find anything in search engines. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

isc dhcpd and cisco router

Hello all, I have set up dhcpd on a linux box for serving subnets on multiple vlans configured on a Cisco 6500 with ip helper of the dhcp server. Servers get dhcp leases just fine, however, some machines lose their connection for reboot or what not and I can not get their lease back even though... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: closedown
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to show Cisco Router Running Configuration in Third Party Application

Hey everyone, I have a few question. 1. Is it possible to display cisco 'show run' output command to the application ?? 2. And is there any ways to log in to the router instead of using telnet from telnet application??? Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
0 Replies

6. IP Networking

Does cisco 1921 router support site to site VPNs using IPSec?

Q: "Does Cisco 1921 router support,, act as an endpoint for, site to site VPNs using IPSec? If so, how many? " A: If you get the Cisco 1921/k9 with the security services bundle then it will have built in security features. Cisco, typically includes IP Sec tunnels I believe as part of that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Need help configuring Cisco 892-k9 router

I bought a Cisco 892-k9 router and I am having in issue trying to setup the initial configuration. Does someone have a sampl configuration for a single subnet that I can use for my configuration? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
0 Replies
GEOIPLOOKUP6(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   GEOIPLOOKUP6(1)

NAME
geouplookup6 - look up country using IP Address or hostname SYNOPSIS
geouplookup6 [-d directory] [-f filename] [-v] <ipaddress|hostname> DESCRIPTION
geouplookup6 uses the GeoIP library and database to find the Country that an IP address or hostname originates from. You must install a database suitable for geoiplookup6. IE: GeoIPv6.dat For example: geouplookup6 2001:4860:0:1001::68 geoiplookup6 ipv6.google.com will find the Country that 2001:4860:0:1001::68 originates from, in the following format: US, United States OPTIONS
-f Specify a custom path to a single GeoIP datafile. -d Specify a custom directory containing GeoIP datafile(s). By default geouplookup6 looks in /usr/local/share/GeoIP -v Lists the date and build number for the GeoIP datafile(s). AUTHOR
Written by T.J. Mather REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <support@maxmind.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 MaxMind LLC This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
geoipupdate(1), nslookup(1). 4th Berkeley Distribution 28 Oct 2008 GEOIPLOOKUP6(1)