Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris distribution list won't expand in mailx message Post 93484 by antalexi on Monday 19th of December 2005 03:05:02 PM
Old 12-19-2005
Well, I gave up on the dist list.

Instead I wrote a script that extracted the first field of the passwd file, then sent my all_users message to the contents of the extracted file. Works like a charm.

Thanks for your efforts. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

email attachment, with a message using mailx

Hi, I am trying to include a message along with an attachment with an email using mailx on AIX. uuencode Test.dat Test.dat| mailx -s 'Testing' mymail@yahoo.com < MESGFILE This only gives me the contents of MESGFILE as my message. If I remove the < FILE I recieve the attachment. What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edog
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx: concatenating strings for message body (KSH)

Hi all, Think this is a pretty simple problem, but I've been thinking about it for a few days. Let's say that I'm going to have to output the contents of a file as the body of a mailx message. I'll probably do this: cat <filename> | mailx <extra commands> However, how do I go about doing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while sending message and attachment with mailx

Hi All, I am trying to send a mail with an attachment and message. Following command I am using. (cat <messagefile> ; uuencode <attachmentfile> <attachmentfile>)|mailx -s"Subject" dave@email.com In the received mail, message body is appearing fine. But attachment is not coming. Rather... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nihar.dutta
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to receive message in 2 lines using mailx command

Hi, I have a file with 2 records in two lines. While mailing these two records using mailx command, those two records coming in a single line. I have used the following command to send those records via mail. cat filename | mailx -s "subject" mailaddress I want the two records in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siri_886
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx empty body message

Hi, Is there a way to suppress this message? Null message body; hope that's ok My email string is: mailx -s "This is my subject" myemail@domain.com < /dev/null It's just an annoyance to me that I would like see go away. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Message success/faliure delivery notification - mailx

Guys, Is it possible to get a delivery status message like success/faliure notification after sending a mail using mailx. -v option can be used to get the message failure notification if any.. is there any option to get the message success notification? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoharg
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent: Not able to send the html formatted message from mailx

<html> <body style=background-color:AliceBlue> <p>Hi,<pre>please check the connectivity status of the server. <pre> And find the server log file for more details. </p> <h1><font size="4">SERVER <font color="red">111.111.11.1</font> IS NOT AVAILABLE IN ONLINE</font></h1> <font color="red"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx with attachment and message body

i have to attach the 'body in the email' along with attachment below code is throwing errors, how can i do it ? here body file contains message, it should display in email, please help i am using HP-UX (cat body ;) (uuencode attch1 attch1 ;) | mailx -m -s "testing" "abc@gmail.com" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Mailx message not delivering externally

I have recently all of a sudden stopped receiving my cronjob messages that were being sent with the mailx command. I have not made any changes and it is affecting all my servers at this site only (all running Solaris 10). At my other site I am running a mixture of Solaris 10 and Ubuntu 14, and they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madrox72
2 Replies
YYFIX(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  YYFIX(1)

NAME
yyfix -- extract tables from y.tab.c SYNOPSIS
yyfix file [tables] DESCRIPTION
Programs have historically used a script (often named ``:yyfix'') to extract tables from the yacc(1) generated file y.tab.c. As the names of the tables generated by the current version of yacc(1) are different from those of historical versions of yacc(1), the shell script yyfix is provided to simplify the transition. The first (and required) argument to yyfix is the name of the file where the extracted tables should be stored. If further command line arguments are specified, they are taken as the list of tables to be extracted. Otherwise, yyfix attempts to deter- mine if the y.tab.c file is from an old or new yacc(1), and extracts the appropriate tables. The tables ``yyexca'', ``yyact'', ``yypact'', ``yypgo'', ``yyr1'', ``yyr2'', ``yychk'', and ``yydef'' are extracted from historical versions of yacc(1). The tables ``yylhs'', ``yylen'', ``yydefred'', ``yydgoto'', ``yysindex'', ``yyrindex'', ``yygindex'', ``yytable'', ``yyname'', ``yyrule'', and ``yycheck'', are extracted from the current version of yacc(1). FILES
y.tab.c File from which tables are extracted. SEE ALSO
yacc(1) HISTORY
The yyfix command first appeared in 4.4BSD. BSD
March 23, 1993 BSD