Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ACL for Subnet/IP address
Operating Systems SCO ACL for Subnet/IP address Post 93251 by Just Ice on Friday 16th of December 2005 04:19:42 PM
Old 12-16-2005
check if either ipsec or tcp wrappers gives you what you need ...

i would suggest replacing telnet with ssh it you're really trying to increase security ...

good luck!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying IP Address/Gateway/Subnet in SCO Unix

Hi, I'm new to unix and have absolutely no experience with it. I am trying to change the network setting on the only computer on our network with SCO Unix. We switched ISP's and now have a new set of IP's. I can't for the life of me figure out how to go in and change these settings, please help.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: PBNOSGT
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ip address and subnet comparing

Hmmm, tough question for me, so I put it here. I am trying to use shell script or mysql to do the following thing. tableA, in which all are single ips. sip ------- 1.2.3.4 8.8.8.8 123.3.32.1 .... and tableB, a list of our group subnets. subnet --------- 1.0.0.0/8 20.0.1.0/24 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Migrating existing Subnet to a new subnet and changing ip addresses in UNIX

Hi, My project needs to migrate the existing Subnet (255.255.255.0) to a new subnet and change the ipaddresses (currently C class). How can I do that. I need some information. John (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmarsh
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

5. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

6. Solaris

ACL

Can i get the synopsis for add multiple users in single command for ACL access for a directory or a file thanks in advance dinu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns at same time

Is there a command that can lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at the same. I know ifconfig can lookup ip address and subnet mask. I know route -n can lookup gateway. Not sure about a dns command. So I hope there is a way to lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep IP address form a text file along with the subnet

I have an input file: class 1 3 5 10.10.10..0/23 hicks jimmy class 3 10.12.10.0/22 mike class.019283 10.10.15.10/20 henry gym.847585 45 192.168.10.0/22 nancy jim steve maya The output should look like this: 10.10.10..0/23 10.12.10.0/22 10.10.15.10/20 192.168.10.0/22 I have the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get all ip address from subnet mask

I have this subnet file shown below. How can I calculate all ip addresses from that list 103.22.200.0/22 141.101.64.0/18 10.0.0.0/22I need to be able to read the subnet file and print all IPs in those subnet to an out put file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies
acl_valid(3)						     Library Functions Manual						      acl_valid(3)

NAME
acl_valid - Checks an ACL for validity LIBRARY
Security Library (libpacl.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/acl.h> int acl_valid( acl_t acl_d, acl_entry_t *entry_p); PARAMETERS
Specifies the working storage internal representation of an ACL. Pointer to the location that holds a returned ACL entry. DESCRIPTION
NOTE: This function is based on Draft 13 of the POSIX P1003.6 standard. The acl_valid() function checks the ACL for validity. An ACL is invalid if one or more of the following conditions are violated: The three required entries (ACL_USER_OBJ, ACL_GROUP_OBJ, and ACL_OTHER_OBJ) must appear exactly once in an ACL of type ACL_TYPE_ACCESS, and in a non- empty ACL of type ACL_TYPE_DEFAULT or ACL_TYPE_DEFAULT_DIR. The ACL must not contain a duplicate entry. An entry is duplicated if another entry in the same ACL has the same entry tag type and the same tag qualifier (sameness or difference in permissions is not relevant). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the acl_valid() function returns a value of 0 (zero). Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned, and the errno global variable is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
For the following condition, the acl_valid() function sets the location specified by the entry_p parameter with the value of the ACL entry for which one or more duplicates exist elsewhere in the ACL. The ACL contains entries that are not unique. For the following conditions, the acl_valid() function sets the location indicated by the entry_p parameter to the NULL value. The acl_d parameter does not refer to a valid ACL. One or more of the required entries is not present. RELATED INFORMATION
acl_create_entry(3), acl_init(3), acl_get_fd(3), acl_get_file(3), acl_set_fd(3), acl_set_file(3), acl(4) Security delim off acl_valid(3)