Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help
Operating Systems Linux help Post 93174 by majoy on Friday 16th of December 2005 07:48:08 AM
Old 12-16-2005
Power

hi mbb.... thanks for the info.. I hope that is what they want me to do.... Smilie
I can't place escape characters or quotes to those special characters when I use them as part of my arguments. I have to find a way to display a message that will indicate that a special character is included in my arguments...

Do you or does anyone know how to do this? Or is there really a way that my script may treat them as an ordinary part of my string arguments? The only hint I got from them (those who are asking me to do this exercise) is that I have to trap the special character before the shell performs the character's function. Smilie(

This is too tough for me... hope I can hear some feedback.. thanks so much in advance..... Smilie

SETSID(1)                                                          User Commands                                                         SETSID(1)

NAME
setsid - run a program in a new session SYNOPSIS
setsid [options] program [arguments] DESCRIPTION
setsid runs a program in a new session. The command calls fork(2) if already a process group leader. Otherwise, it executes a program in the current process. OPTIONS
-c, --ctty Set the controlling terminal to the current one. -w, --wait Wait for the execution of the program to end, and return the exit value of this program as the return value of setsid. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. SEE ALSO
setsid(2) AUTHOR
Rick Sladkey <jrs@world.std.com> AVAILABILITY
The setsid command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2014 SETSID(1)