Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Quad Fast Ethernet Card on Sparc 10? Post 9310 by Recon on Thursday 25th of October 2001 02:20:20 AM
Old 10-25-2001
The problem is that your ifconfig command puts the information into memory. This will hold until your either restart the services, or reboot.

To make the changes "stick" you will need to put the information into the config file.

For HP-UX that file is

/etc/rc.config.d/netconf

Post what OS you are using (if not HP-UX) and maybe someone
can let you know which file you need to edit.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ethernet card for Solaris

Hi, How can i check the speed of the Ethernet card that my Sun server has and also how can i change it to full Duplex if it is set to half duplex? What is the file that takes care of this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

RedHat and Ethernet card no like each other

I have searched this forum for solution and have drawn a blank... so I come to you for help :) I an a Win XP user that has no problem getting on internet when I am on that OS (currently on it right now ;)). I installed red hat 9 and when I use that OS, I cannot get a connection. I ran the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ethernet card problem...

I am an extreme novice trying to learn Linux. I have redhat 9 installed in a computer I built specifically to install and learn linux. I have an asus a7v8x-x motherboard with the realtek 10/100 mbps ethernet card. I also installed a Jaht adapter jn-1110r32c ethernet card. I cannot get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tony Empire
2 Replies

4. SCO

Issue with a ethernet card

Installed a replacement 3com pci card on an ibm PC 300 GL, running OpenServer 6.0 , brought up system, and recieved this message: Fsstat:/dev/boot mounted Mounted /stand filesystem System auditing is not enabled. Dlpid:Unable to open network adapter driver (/dev/mdi/r8e0) Dlpid:No such... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazmss1
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Quad Ethernet

I have a Quad Ethernet card in a 220R. 2 ports activated. Each has its own hostname file and both hostnames are in the hosts file. I want both ports to have the same IP address so we can use the 2nd port in case we lose communication on the port. On bootup, the box gives me: SIOCSLIFFLAGS:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

ethernet card

What command do I use to show mw the ethernet card, I have tried ipconfig -a (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
1 Replies

7. Solaris

quad card configuration

Hi Group, I Have just installed quad card in my V440 machine, I am facing problem I cn just ping its ce0 card only rest of the cards are not ping able, here is details of my machine. ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameergrover
2 Replies

8. AIX

Utilization of Ethernet Card

Hi, is it possible to find out network utilization of etherenet card in %? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem with my Ethernet Card

Hi Gurus of Solaris. I have a problem yesterday when I was installing solaris in a x86 equipement I attached some log that I capture when I try to resolve the problem Any guru that can help please. Any command or procedure that I can run, please advice me Regards Andres (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
10 Replies

10. Hardware

Best hardware for a fast local Ethernet?

Dear all, I am setting up a new Ethernet network at home, I am going to have a good 100 Mbps internet connection (optic fiber) with a modem that have a gigabit ethernet card. I would like to to measure the speed of data transmission between several servers that are going to be connected to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
2 Replies
gphoto2-config(1)						   User Commands						 gphoto2-config(1)

NAME
gphoto2-config - return meta information about installed version of libgphoto2(3). SYNOPSIS
gphoto2-config [--prefix=DIR] [--libs] [--cflags] [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
gphoto2-config is a convenience script which retrieves information about the installed version of libgphoto2(3) on your system. gphoto2-config is typically used to compile and link against libgphoto2(3). The following example shows how to use gphoto2-config in a Makefile: program: program.c cc program.c `gphoto2-config --cflags --libs` The output is similar to that produced by pkg-config(1). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --cflags Prints pre-processor and compile flags required to compile with libgphoto2(3) on the command line. --help Displays help and usage information. --libs Identical to --cflags option but only prints the link flags. --prefix=DIR Specify a different prefix from the default libgphoto2(3). (default is/usr). --version Displays version of libgphoto2(3) installed on your system. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gphoto2-config Executable for installed library helper script ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-camera-devel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), pkg-config(1), libgphoto2(3) NOTES
Written by Matt Keenan Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 01 Aug 2008 gphoto2-config(1)