Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Quad Fast Ethernet Card on Sparc 10? Post 9310 by Recon on Thursday 25th of October 2001 02:20:20 AM
Old 10-25-2001
The problem is that your ifconfig command puts the information into memory. This will hold until your either restart the services, or reboot.

To make the changes "stick" you will need to put the information into the config file.

For HP-UX that file is

/etc/rc.config.d/netconf

Post what OS you are using (if not HP-UX) and maybe someone
can let you know which file you need to edit.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ethernet card for Solaris

Hi, How can i check the speed of the Ethernet card that my Sun server has and also how can i change it to full Duplex if it is set to half duplex? What is the file that takes care of this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

RedHat and Ethernet card no like each other

I have searched this forum for solution and have drawn a blank... so I come to you for help :) I an a Win XP user that has no problem getting on internet when I am on that OS (currently on it right now ;)). I installed red hat 9 and when I use that OS, I cannot get a connection. I ran the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ethernet card problem...

I am an extreme novice trying to learn Linux. I have redhat 9 installed in a computer I built specifically to install and learn linux. I have an asus a7v8x-x motherboard with the realtek 10/100 mbps ethernet card. I also installed a Jaht adapter jn-1110r32c ethernet card. I cannot get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tony Empire
2 Replies

4. SCO

Issue with a ethernet card

Installed a replacement 3com pci card on an ibm PC 300 GL, running OpenServer 6.0 , brought up system, and recieved this message: Fsstat:/dev/boot mounted Mounted /stand filesystem System auditing is not enabled. Dlpid:Unable to open network adapter driver (/dev/mdi/r8e0) Dlpid:No such... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazmss1
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Quad Ethernet

I have a Quad Ethernet card in a 220R. 2 ports activated. Each has its own hostname file and both hostnames are in the hosts file. I want both ports to have the same IP address so we can use the 2nd port in case we lose communication on the port. On bootup, the box gives me: SIOCSLIFFLAGS:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
5 Replies

6. IP Networking

ethernet card

What command do I use to show mw the ethernet card, I have tried ipconfig -a (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
1 Replies

7. Solaris

quad card configuration

Hi Group, I Have just installed quad card in my V440 machine, I am facing problem I cn just ping its ce0 card only rest of the cards are not ping able, here is details of my machine. ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameergrover
2 Replies

8. AIX

Utilization of Ethernet Card

Hi, is it possible to find out network utilization of etherenet card in %? Regards, Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Problem with my Ethernet Card

Hi Gurus of Solaris. I have a problem yesterday when I was installing solaris in a x86 equipement I attached some log that I capture when I try to resolve the problem Any guru that can help please. Any command or procedure that I can run, please advice me Regards Andres (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
10 Replies

10. Hardware

Best hardware for a fast local Ethernet?

Dear all, I am setting up a new Ethernet network at home, I am going to have a good 100 Mbps internet connection (optic fiber) with a modem that have a gigabit ethernet card. I would like to to measure the speed of data transmission between several servers that are going to be connected to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
2 Replies
qshutdown(1)						      General Commands Manual						      qshutdown(1)

NAME
qshutdown - An avanced shutdown tool SYNOPSIS
qshutdown [options] DESCRIPTION
qshutdown is a simple tool to choose a time or a number of minutes to shutdown, reboot, suspend or hibernate after. qshutdown will show itself 3 times as a warning if there are less than 70 seconds left. (if 1 Minute or local time +1 Minute was set it'll appear only once.) This program uses qdbus to send a shutdown/reboot/suspend/hibernate request to either the gnome- or kde-session-manager, to HAL/ConsoleKit/DeviceKit/UPower and if none of these works, the command 'sudo shutdown' will be used. OPTIONS
-h --help Prints options with description. -i Prints information about qshutdown. -v Prints all errors and warnings. NOTES
When sending the request to HAL or ConsoleKit, or the shutdown command is used, the Session will never be saved. If the shutdown command is used, the program will only be able to shutdown and reboot. If nothing happens when the shutdown- or reboot-time is reached, it means that one lacks the rights for the shutdown command. In this case one can do the following: Post the following in a terminal: $ EDITOR=nano sudo -E visudo and add this line: * ALL = NOPASSWD:/sbin/shutdown whereas * replaces the username or %groupname. For admins: If you want qshutdown to run with "parental lock" for every user, you can do $ sudo cp /usr/share/qshutdown/autostart/99qshutdown /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ and set the option Lock_all in /root/.qshutdown/qshutdown.conf to true. Note that qshutdown has to start once to generate the qshut- down.conf. Furthermore there is a need to do $ EDITOR=nano sudo -E visudo and add the following line to the sudoers: * ALL = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/qshutdown If you should ever forget your set password, just remove the whole line starting with Password manually from the qshutdown.conf. FILES
The configurationfile (and logfile) is located at ~/.qshutdown/ (under Linux/Unix). The maximum Number of countdown_minutes is 1440 (24 hours). KNOWN ISSUES
There is no system tray icon for qshutdown in Ubuntu 11.04. SOLUTION: Type the following line in a terminal: $ gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Panel systray-whitelist "['all']" HINTS ON USAGE
If you want qshutdown to stop "bugging" you, just remove the hook from "warnings on?". HOTKEYS
Ctrl+I information window Ctrl+Q Quit Ctrl+P Prefereces Ctrl+L write the run time once into the logfile (works only if qshutdown quits. To make it permanent set it in the preferences.) Ctrl+S set to shutdown Ctrl+R set to restart Ctrl+U set to suspend to RAM Ctrl+H set to hibernate Ctrl+E stop timer (only if the countdown has started and the admin didn't restrict the access) Shift+E to edit the config file (for this a password is necessary. If you are a user, you can set an "empty password" (leave the password field empty)). AUTHOR
Christian Metscher <hakaishi@web.de> 2011-10-23 qshutdown(1)