Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Unable to reference sysfs on Linux. Post 93070 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 15th of December 2005 09:47:40 AM
Old 12-15-2005
On my box sysfs in defined in libc.0 which is a link to the current version of libc.
Which is where you'd expect it to be....
try to find where sysfs is located:
Code:
 for file in *
 do
 nm $file | grep sysfs
 if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
       echo $file
 fi
 done

look for the entry point:
sysfs | 0|sdef |code |$CODE$

If all else fails then link against libc.a as the very last step in the link statement.
Assuming that nm shows it to be in there. Your compiler does support sysfs ie., it's in the man pages?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unable to configure samba on linux 7.1

Hello I am able to connect from Linux machine to Windows machine, but i can not connect from Windows to Linux. Even i can print also from linux to windows... what could be the problem... pl help. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: twadkar
5 Replies

2. Red Hat

Unable to transfer files from xp to linux

hello to everyone, need your expertise with regards to linux. one of the systems engineer in our project created a ftp account in redhat linux. i'm using xftp for file transfer, the given ftp useraccount were able to login in the ftp browser, but the problem occurs when transfering files from xp... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gob23g
10 Replies

3. Linux

Query about creating sysfs directory under device driver

Hi all, Currently i am involved in developing a device driver for a custom hardware. My linux stack already has the sysfs directory structure /sys/class/hwmon/ My need is that, while loading my device driver i need to create a "xyz" sysfs directory inside hwmon sysfs directory as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbalu
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

unable to communicate with Linux machine

Hi all, I installed red hat 2.6.9-5 and when I am trying to ping it.I am able to ping any other machine in the network but unable to do vice-versa(means unable to ping this machine from any other machine) and getting the message -- please provide your valuable suggestions ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to remove folder in linux

Hi I am using red hat linux, In my folder a strange folder is created i.e. " -a " , folder name is preceded with hyphen. Now if i try to remove with rm -rf -1 , i am unable to do it. Can anyone please let me know how to do it, & what this kind of folder means Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl de-reference code reference variable

Guys, May i know how can we de reference the code reference variable.? my $a = sub{$a=shift;$b=shift;print "SUM:",($a+$b),"\n";}; print $a->(4,5); How can we print the whole function ? Please suggest me regarding this. Thanks for your time :) Cheers, Ranga :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies

7. SuSE

Unable to format suse Linux

Hello All, I am new to use linux. I installed SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) trail version which is free for 60 days. Now I want to again format the whole system and install the same OS again but its not happening. I am trying with a bootable pen drive which has an .iso image of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hunk_harsha
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GPIO and sysfs

I was recently working on a project where some gpio pins were being toggled from within the user space: const char *const amplifierGPIO = "/sys/class/gpio/gpio107/value"; void amplifierUnmute() { std::ofstream amp(amplifierGPIO); if (amp.is_open()) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies
sysfs(2)							   System Calls 							  sysfs(2)

NAME
sysfs - get file system type information SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/fstyp.h> #include <sys/fsid.h> int sysfs(int opcode, const char *fsname); int sysfs(int opcode, int fs_index, char *buf); int sysfs(int opcode); DESCRIPTION
The sysfs() function returns information about the file system types configured in the system. The number of arguments accepted by sysfs() depends on the opcode argument, which can take the following values: GETFSIND Translate fsname, a null-terminated file-system type identifier, into a file-system type index. GETFSTYP Translate fs_index, a file-system type index, into a null-terminated file-system type identifier and write it into the buffer pointed to by buf, which must be at least of size FSTYPSZ as defined in <sys/fstyp.h>. GETNFSTYP Return the total number of file system types configured in the system. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the value returned depends upon the opcode argument as follows: GETFSIND the file-system type index GETFSTYP 0 GETNFSTYP the number of file system types configured Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The sysfs() function will fail if: EFAULT The buf or fsname argument points to an illegal address. EINVAL The fsname argument points to an invalid file-system identifier; the fs_index argument is 0 or invalid; or the opcode argument is invalid. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 sysfs(2)