Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Time change not working...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Time change not working... Post 9288 by conflansun on Wednesday 24th of October 2001 08:45:41 PM
Old 10-24-2001
Question Time change not working...

Hi, I am pretty new to the Solaris world. Just installed the version 8 and found that the time is off. I am in the Central time zone. In the beginning, the date and time was off by a day. After changing the /etc/default/init, there is no avail. The date is now correct but the time is still 5 hours behind. For instance, the time now shown on the system is 2:50PM CDT instead of 7:50PM. Can anyone point me to the right direction?? Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change to a new working directory...

I need to CD to a particular directory to check log files and interface files. Instead of typing the path manually, is there a way of getting a script to change my working directory to the one I need? Currently I have a script that CD's to the directories I need but a soon as the script exits,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change working directories in perl?

i am new to perl. i am writing a perl script. i want to know how to change the working directories? for ex. i have a perl script in c:\proj\ . i want to run this script in this directory but i need my script to change its working directory to D:\xyz\ dynamically in the script. your help is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

3. Linux

How To change time?

what command must i use to change time ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sirius
4 Replies

4. Solaris

change time

The time of our Solaris server now is slowly more 20 seconds. How can we change it ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anhtt
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I change the minimum working frequency ?

The file /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_frequency reads a value of 800 Mhz . The powertop tool also suggested that 800 Mhz w3as the minimum frequency being used . I changed the above-mentioned file to 1.6 GHz and monitored powertop tool again . To my surprise, it still said that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
3 Replies

6. Linux

DST Time Change for positive timezones not working

I was doing timezone and DST testing which is required for some of my products Here is the strange behaviour i observed First i did set the timezone to PST 2010 (which is less than GMT basically negative timezone) zdump -v /etc/localtime |grep 2010 /etc/localtime Sun Mar 14 09:59:59... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravindra1103
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP mget * not working after change directory -cd

Hi everyone, I have an Linux FTP script to get files from different AS400 mailboxes and store in different local directories. I had to use mget * option becuase there is no fixed destination file name means filename can change. The following FTP script is working fine if we have single file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oravikiran
5 Replies

8. Debian

change time

Hi all, I want change the time settings from EST to IST by using command line in Debian os. but it is not taken. Can any body show me the how to change the time settings by using command line. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why is sort -k not working all the time?

I have a script that puts a list of files in two separate arrays: First, I get a file list from a ZIP file and fill `FIRST_Array()` with it. Second, I get a file list from a control file within a ZIP file and fill `SECOND_Array()` with it while read length date time filename ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Change delimiter is not working using awk

I have file 2.txt and I want to change the delimiter form , to : Not sure what is the problem with below command cat 2.txt 1,a 2,b 3,d awk 'BEGIN {FS=",";OFS=":";} {print $0}' 2.txt Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules! (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamsi.valiveti
11 Replies
Image::ExifTool::Shift(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Image::ExifTool::Shift(3pm)

NAME
Image::ExifTool::Shift.pl - ExifTool time shifting routines DESCRIPTION
This module contains routines used by ExifTool to shift date and time values. DETAILS
Time shifts are applied to standard EXIF-formatted date/time values (ie. "2005:03:14 18:55:00"). Date-only and time-only values may also be shifted, and an optional timezone (ie. "-05:00") is also supported. Here are some general rules and examples to explain how shift strings are interpreted: Date-only values are shifted using the following formats: 'Y:M:D' - shift date by 'Y' years, 'M' months and 'D' days 'M:D' - shift months and days only 'D' - shift specified number of days Time-only values are shifted using the following formats: 'h:m:s' - shift time by 'h' hours, 'm' minutes and 's' seconds 'h:m' - shift hours and minutes only 'h' - shift specified number of hours Timezone shifts are specified in the following formats: '+h:m' - shift timezone by 'h' hours and 'm' minutes '-h:m' - negative shift of timezone hours and minutes '+h' - shift timezone hours only '-h' - negative shift of timezone hours only A valid shift value consists of one or two arguments, separated by a space. If only one is provided, it is assumed to be a time shift when applied to a time-only or a date/time value, or a date shift when applied to a date-only value. For example: '7' - shift by 1 hour if applied to a time or date/time value, or by one day if applied to a date value '2:0' - shift 2 hours (time, date/time), or 2 months (date) '5:0:0' - shift 5 hours (time, date/time), or 5 years (date) '0:0:1' - shift 1 s (time, date/time), or 1 day (date) If two arguments are given, the date shift is first, followed by the time shift: '3:0:0 0' - shift date by 3 years '0 15:30' - shift time by 15 hours and 30 minutes '1:0:0 0:0:0+5:0' - shift date by 1 year and timezone by 5 hours A date shift is simply ignored if applied to a time value or visa versa. Numbers specified in shift fields may contain a decimal point: '1.5' - 1 hour 30 minutes (time, date/time), or 1 day (date) '2.5 0' - 2 days 12 hours (date/time), 12 hours (time) or 2 days (date) And to save typing, a zero is assumed for any missing numbers: '1::' - shift by 1 hour (time, date/time) or 1 year (date) '26:: 0' - shift date by 26 years '+:30 - shift timezone by 30 minutes Below are some specific examples applied to real date and/or time values ('Dir' is the applied shift direction: '+' is positive, '-' is negative): Original Value Shift Dir Shifted Value --------------------- ------- --- --------------------- '20:30:00' '5' + '01:30:00' '2005:01:27' '5' + '2005:02:01' '11:54:00' '2.5 0' - '23:54:00' '2005:11:02' '2.5 0' - '2005:10:31' '2005:11:02 11:54:00' '2.5 0' - '2005:10:30 23:54:00' '2004:02:28 08:00:00' '1 1.3' + '2004:02:29 09:18:00' '07:00:00' '-5' + '07:00:00' '07:00:00+01:00' '-5' + '07:00:00-04:00' '07:00:00Z' '+2:30' - '07:00:00-02:30' '1970:01:01' '35::' + '2005:01:01' '2005:01:01' '400' + '2006:02:05' '10:00:00.00' '::1.33' + '09:59:58.67' NOTES
The format of the original date/time value is not changed when the time shift is applied. This means that the length of the date/time string will not change, and only the numbers in the string will be modified. The only exception to this rule is that a 'Z' timezone is changed to '+00:00' notation if a timezone shift is applied. A timezone will not be added to the date/time string. TRICKY
This module is perhaps more complicated than it needs to be because it is designed to be very flexible in the way time shifts are specified and applied... The ability to shift dates by Y years, M months, etc, is somewhat contradictory to the goal of maintaining a constant shift for all time values when applying a batch shift. This is because shifting by 1 month can be equivalent to anything from 28 to 31 days, and 1 year can be 365 or 366 days, depending on the starting date. The inconsistency is handled by shifting the first tag found with the actual specified shift, then calculating the equivalent time difference in seconds for this shift and applying this difference to subsequent tags in a batch conversion. So if it works as designed, the behaviour should be both intuitive and mathematically correct, and the user shouldn't have to worry about details such as this (in keeping with Perl's "do the right thing" philosophy). BUGS
This feature uses the standard time library functions, which typically are limited to dates in the range 1970 to 2038. AUTHOR
Copyright 2003-2011, Phil Harvey (phil at owl.phy.queensu.ca) This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Image::ExifTool(3pm) perl v5.12.4 2011-03-20 Image::ExifTool::Shift(3pm)