Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Unable to reference sysfs on Linux. Post 92635 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 13th of December 2005 09:44:01 AM
Old 12-13-2005
Code:
/usr/bin/gcc -o oracle_connect oracle_connect.o -L /usr/lib \
     -L /home/mb/build/dev/Lib -ltrace /home/mb/build/dev/Lib/libtrace.a

/usr/bin/gcc -o oracle_connect oracle_connect.o  \
     -L /home/mb/build/dev/Lib -ltrace /home/mb/build/dev/Lib/libtrace.a \
     -L /usr/lib

Try making ld search for symbols in /usr/lib after you declare all your symbols.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Unable to configure samba on linux 7.1

Hello I am able to connect from Linux machine to Windows machine, but i can not connect from Windows to Linux. Even i can print also from linux to windows... what could be the problem... pl help. thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: twadkar
5 Replies

2. Red Hat

Unable to transfer files from xp to linux

hello to everyone, need your expertise with regards to linux. one of the systems engineer in our project created a ftp account in redhat linux. i'm using xftp for file transfer, the given ftp useraccount were able to login in the ftp browser, but the problem occurs when transfering files from xp... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gob23g
10 Replies

3. Linux

Query about creating sysfs directory under device driver

Hi all, Currently i am involved in developing a device driver for a custom hardware. My linux stack already has the sysfs directory structure /sys/class/hwmon/ My need is that, while loading my device driver i need to create a "xyz" sysfs directory inside hwmon sysfs directory as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbalu
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

unable to communicate with Linux machine

Hi all, I installed red hat 2.6.9-5 and when I am trying to ping it.I am able to ping any other machine in the network but unable to do vice-versa(means unable to ping this machine from any other machine) and getting the message -- please provide your valuable suggestions ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to remove folder in linux

Hi I am using red hat linux, In my folder a strange folder is created i.e. " -a " , folder name is preceded with hyphen. Now if i try to remove with rm -rf -1 , i am unable to do it. Can anyone please let me know how to do it, & what this kind of folder means Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl de-reference code reference variable

Guys, May i know how can we de reference the code reference variable.? my $a = sub{$a=shift;$b=shift;print "SUM:",($a+$b),"\n";}; print $a->(4,5); How can we print the whole function ? Please suggest me regarding this. Thanks for your time :) Cheers, Ranga :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies

7. SuSE

Unable to format suse Linux

Hello All, I am new to use linux. I installed SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) trail version which is free for 60 days. Now I want to again format the whole system and install the same OS again but its not happening. I am trying with a bootable pen drive which has an .iso image of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hunk_harsha
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GPIO and sysfs

I was recently working on a project where some gpio pins were being toggled from within the user space: const char *const amplifierGPIO = "/sys/class/gpio/gpio107/value"; void amplifierUnmute() { std::ofstream amp(amplifierGPIO); if (amp.is_open()) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
3 Replies
HOME(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   HOME(8)

NAME
home, 40meg, 80meg, personalize, update, Disclabel - administration for local file systems SYNOPSIS
gnot/home gnot/personalize gnot/update magnum/home magnum/personalize magnum/update pc/40meg pc/80meg pc/personalize pc/update nextstation/home nextstation/update DESCRIPTION
These programs help maintain a file system on a local disk for a private machine. Home partitions a disk, copies the appropriate kernel to the disk, and makes a new file system on the disk. To do this, it overwrites the vendor-supplied software on the disk with a copy of Plan 9. 40meg, 80meg, and 100meg configure disks and make file systems for disks of the appropriate size. Update copies the current kernel to the disk and updates files on the local file system. It only updates those files put there by the home program. Personalize removes the contents of the /usr directory on the local disk and copies a minimal set of files for the user who runs the com- mand. The file /rc/bin/nextstation/Disclabel, despite its name, is not an rc(1) script. It contains the second stage bootstrap program for Nextstations booting from local disk. Before booting a Plan 9 Nextstation from disk, it should be installed in the partition /dev/hd1label; this is normally done by nexstation/home. FILES
/lib/proto/portproto Mkfs prototype files for magnum/home, magnum/update, gnot/home, and gnot/update. /lib/proto/386proto Mkfs prototype files for pc/40meg, pc/80meg, and pc/update. SOURCE
/rc/bin/gnot/* /rc/bin/magnum/* /rc/bin/pc/* /rc/bin/nextstation/* SEE ALSO
kfs(4), mkfs(8), prep(8), wren(3) ``Installing the Plan 9 Distribution''. HOME(8)