Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: commands to get system specs
Operating Systems AIX commands to get system specs Post 92622 by bakunin on Tuesday 13th of December 2005 08:43:21 AM
Old 12-13-2005
prtconf is a good starter.

Another one is "lscfg".

If you want to know details about a specific device enter:

lsattr -El <device>

For instance, if you want to know the processor speed (sample output taken from a p671):

Code:
# lsattr -El proc0
frequency 1099991368     Processor Speed False
state     enable         Processor state False
type      PowerPC_POWER4 Processor type  False

or, if you want to know details about a specific disk (sample from a 18GB SCSI disk):
Code:
# lsattr -El hdisk0
PCM             PCM/friend/scsiscsd              Path Control Module           False
algorithm       fail_over                        Algorithm                     True
dist_err_pcnt   0                                Distributed Error Percentage  True
dist_tw_width   50                               Distributed Error Sample Time True
hcheck_interval 0                                Health Check Interval         True
hcheck_mode     nonactive                        Health Check Mode             True
max_transfer    0x40000                          Maximum TRANSFER Size         True
pvid            00354fca40d7c50c0000000000000000 Physical volume identifier    False
queue_depth     3                                Queue DEPTH                   False
reserve_policy  single_path                      Reserve Policy                True
size_in_mb      18200                            Size in Megabytes             False

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP hardware specs

A customer gives me the following hardware specs for a HP-UX server: Model: 9000/839/K210 CPU Speed: 120 MHz Physical Memory: 512 Mb. Number of processors: 2 Can someone give me their comments on this server? If you would translate this to an Intel machine what is the approx.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: murmur
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server Specs

I am a complete newbie to the realm of unix, linux, FreeBSD, etc etc so please bear with me. I just purchased a book on FreeBSD that comes with FreeBSD 4.4 on some CDs. My first goal is just to learn FreeBSD and become familiar with it. What I would like to eventually do is run a file server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BKR
1 Replies

3. Linux

hard drive specs?

Does anybody know what command will bring up my harddrive and how much room is left on it? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Specs in OK Prompt

Hello to all! In the OK prompt, which command should I use to see RAM memory, CPU, and disks partition and capacity? I have in my hands an ancient Ultra5 machine, which Im trying to install Solaris, but don't know if the configuration is the original one. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_BR
4 Replies

5. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

6. AIX

server specs

what are the commands needed to determine the server specs. memory, space, cpu and others thanx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fsmadi
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How do I get basic server specs from terminal?

Hi there. Anyone know how to get CPU speed, RAM size etc (basic specs) from a SUN server running solaris, from the unix terminal? I'm sure there must be a command for this but ... I haven't been able to find it so far.. :o Cheers. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenny123m
8 Replies

8. AIX

Need AIX system commands

Hey Guyz, I am preparing an inventory kindof thing about the aix servers.. I need help to find out the below details for many AIX servers.. Machine model and version Disk Size RAM size no. of CPUs and thier information list of softwares installed I searched in web.. but not much info I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thariqueakbar
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris Specs

Hi, I have been requested for a complete hardware specs of Solaris 9 OS, and I need to do this for some 56 servers. I was wondering if someone has some script will which pull everything, or a list of commands which could provide me all the details. I would need CPU, memory, disk utilization... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use functions as a system commands?

I have few functions which do some things which i have programmed to do. I want them to use that functions anytime i want. Right now if i need to use that function i have to copied that to putty and then call that function. Is it possible to do that so that i don't need to call that function. And i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pamu
3 Replies
XmToggleButtonGadgetSetState(3X)										  XmToggleButtonGadgetSetState(3X)

NAME
XmToggleButtonGadgetSetState - A ToggleButtonGadget function that sets or changes the current state SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/ToggleBG.h> void XmToggleButtonGadgetSetState (widget, state, notify) Widget widget; Boolean state; Boolean notify; DESCRIPTION
XmToggleButtonGadgetSetState sets or changes the ToggleButtonGadget's current state. Specifies the ToggleButtonGadget widget ID. Speci- fies a Boolean value that indicates whether the ToggleButtonGadget state is selected or unselected. If True, the button state is selected; if False, the button state is unselected. Indicates whether XmNvalueChangedCallback is called; it can be either True or False. The XmNval- ueChangedCallback is only called when this function changes the state of the ToggleButtonGadget. When this argument is True and the Toggle- ButtonGadget is a child of a RowColumn widget whose XmNradioBehavior is True, setting the ToggleButtonGadget causes other ToggleButton and ToggleButtonGadget children of the RowColumn to be unselected. For a complete definition of ToggleButtonGadget and its associated resources, see XmToggleButtonGadget(3X). SEE ALSO
XmToggleButtonGadget(3X) XmToggleButtonGadgetSetState(3X)