Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers setting unlimited filesize for a filesystem in Post 92568 by Just Ice on Monday 12th of December 2005 08:25:26 PM
Old 12-12-2005
see "man newfs" for hints ... good luck!

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

set Ulimit data segment to Unlimited

Hi, as per my Unix admin all parameters in Ulimit are set to Unlimited in Hard limits but some how few profiles setting data segment part to limited number value. So i wanted to over write in my profile to set unlimited as hard limits are set to unlimited. What is the command to set ulimit for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terala_s
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

ulimit -c unlimited

Hi, I want to set the coredump to unlimited, but it seems it does not work. > ulimit -a time(seconds) unlimited file(blocks) unlimited data(kbytes) 1048576 stack(kbytes) 131072 memory(kbytes) unlimited coredump(blocks) 4194303... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mr_andrew
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Process does not dump any core files when crashed even if coredumpsize is unlimited

Hello Im using redhat and try to debug my application , its crashes and in strace I also see it has problems , but I can't see any core dump I configured all the limit ( im using .cshrc ) and it looks like this : cputime unlimited filesize unlimited datasize unlimited... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

5. Solaris

HOW to set unlimited login attempts for user in Solaris?

Hi Admins, HOW to set unlimited login attempts for user in Solaris ? And do I need to insatll any packages before doing this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Malloc - unlimited input from user

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I'm trying to get an unlimited input of words with an unlimited number characters from the user using malloc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joshuarodriguez
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Ulimit -c unlimited

I was trying to generate core dump of a process.But it is not generated. While digging up the issue I found that Core File Size is set to 0. I set it with #ulimit -c unlimited.After that I found the core file size is set to 0 (ulimit -a).I exit that session and again logged in.But found the core... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
12 Replies
newfs(1M)																 newfs(1M)

NAME
newfs - construct a new file system SYNOPSIS
FStype] specific_options] special DESCRIPTION
The command is a "friendly" front-end to the command (see mkfs(1M)). The command calculates the appropriate parameters and then builds the file system by invoking the command. special represents a character (raw) special device. Options recognizes the following options: Specify the file system type on which to operate (see fstyp(1M) and fs_wrapper(5)). If this option is not included on the command line, then the file system type is determined from the file by matching special with an entry in that file. If there is no entry in then the file sys- tem type is determined from the file Current valid Fstype values are: and for the HFS and JFS (VxFS) file systems, respectively. Specify options specific to the file system type. specific_options is a list of suboptions and/or keyword/attribute pairs intended for an FStype-specific module of the command. See the file system specific manual entries for a description of the specific_options that are supported, if any. Echo the completed command line, but perform no other actions. The command line is generated by incorporating the specified options and arguments and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. EXAMPLES
Execute the command to create an HFS file system on AUTHOR
was developed by HP and the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
File that specifies the default file system type. Static information about the file systems. SEE ALSO
fsck(1M), fstyp(1M), mkfs(1M), newfs_hfs(1M), newfs_vxfs(1M), fstab(4), fs_wrapper(5), disk(7). newfs(1M)