Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ls -R command but need complete path name on each line Post 92529 by condor4-2 on Monday 12th of December 2005 10:22:14 AM
Old 12-12-2005
That was exactly what I was looking for. It works great. Thanks very much!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying the path in the command line

Hi all, Does anyone know how to ammend the .cshrc file in $HOME for your session to display the path as part of the command line? So that I dont need to keep on typing pwd to see where I am? thanks Ocelot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display full unix path as part of the command line

Hi all, Does anyone know how to ammend the .cshrc file in $HOME for your session to display the path as part of the command line? So that I dont need to keep on typing pwd to see where I am? thanks Ocelot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ocelot
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Esc key to complete command line typing

Dear Techs, In the past on a different box (HP) I use to be able to complete something I was typing by entering a portion of the filename in the pwd and I would hit the Esc key and it would match the rest of the filename. I did this without understanding how it was setup. Now I am on a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxh461
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to find complete path of a file in unix

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to capture... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find complete path of a file in unix

hi experts(novice people can stay away as it is no child's game), i am developing a script which works like recycle bin of windows. the problem i am facing is that when ever i am trying to delete a file which is situated in parent directory or parent's parent directory i am unable to capture... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahoo!
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a line on positions before reading complete line

Hi, I want to split before reading the complete line as the line is very big and its throwing out of memory. can you suggest. when i say #cat $inputFile | while read eachLine and use the eachLine to split its throwing out of memory as the line size is more than 10000000 characters. Can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can grep command return word instead of complete line

Hi Is there any way GREP command can return word and not complete line. My file has following data: Hello Everyone I am NitinrajSrivastava Hi Friends Welcome VrajSrivastava I am using grep 'raj' which is returning me complete line.However I want only the word having keyword 'raj'. Required... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get complete path in variable excluding last word?

Hello Experts, Can you please help me by providing a code which can give me the complete path except last word in a variable, the variable i can use anywhere else for my operation eg: if this below one is my path: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aks_1902
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Show complete command on command line when we use 'ps'

Hi, When I query using ps -ef, the complete command is not displayed and is truncated. Can you please tell me a method to resolve this ? I have tried the below. ps -ef | cat ps -ef | grep imp >/tmp/t1.txt /usr/ucb/ps -auxw pargs <pid> /usr/ucb/ps -aefyl | grep imp Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk1216
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match a path anywhere in the line and replace it with new path

I want to pattern match only path part from below and replace them with new path string. LoadModule jk_module /fldrA/fldrBaf/fldrCaa/modules/mod_jk.so JkWorkersFile /fldrA/fldrBaf/fldrCaa/config/OHS/ohs1/workers.properties JkLogFile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies
MKCFM(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MKCFM(1)

NAME
mkcfm - create summaries of font metric files in CID font directories SYNOPSIS
mkcfm [CID-font-directory-name] DESCRIPTION
There is usually only one CID font directory on the X font path. It is usually called /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/CID. If you do not specify an argument, mkcfm will try to go through the subdirectories of that directory, and create one summary of font metric files for each CID- Font (character descriptions) file and each CMap (Character Maps) file it finds. The summaries of font metric files are put in the existing CFM subdirectory. The CFM subdirectories are created when CID-keyed fonts are installed. If you specify a CID font directory as an argument, mkcfm will try to go through the subdirectories of that directory, and create one sum- mary of font metric files for each CIDFont file and each CMap file it finds. mkcfm will calculate the summaries of the font metric files stored in AFM subdirectories of the CID font directory. Those summaries are needed by the rasterizer of CID-keyed fonts to speed up the response to X font calls. If those files do not exist, CID rasterizer will have to go through usually large font metric files, and calculate the summaries itself each time the font is called. You will notice a substantial wait on a call to a large CID-keyed font. FILES
.afm files Each CID-keyed font file is supposed to have a font metric file (.afm file). mkcfm creates summary files (.cfm files) of those font metric files. mkcfm should be run whenever a change is made to the files stored in the subdirectories of the CID font directory. For example, it should be run when new CID fonts are installed. .cfm files Summaries of font metric (.afm) files created by mkcfm. SEE ALSO
The rasterizer for CID-keyed fonts in the directory xc/lib/font/Type1. CID Fonts Version 1.0 Release 1.0 MKCFM(1)